Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore. Our senators tried to nail the White House for it, but they seemed to have dropped it entirely. I can only guess that thier interest was to use the situation as a political tool, and that it had nothing to do with holding the President accountable for misleading the US population and the world.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
SoCalRider : Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore.
Thats because the majority of American citizens don't agree with that POV......and the majority still agrees with the Iraq policy.....the polls continue to show it.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
I amazes me that nobody seems to care about this. This should be bigger news than the war. The only problem is that it was kind of obvious even as it happened. That disfuses it's status as 'news'. We knew that Bush was pulling this stuff out of his *** as he went along. Bush is just not credible. Never was. I just hope that 40 million of campaign money isn't enough to gloss over all this. But, I am afraid that the voting public only remembers about the last month.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that the polls reported in the mainstream media show a favorable reading on Dubya (although falling). I just wonder who finances these polls? Alot of the favorable polls I read and hear about are paid for by the American Enterprise Institute (a Republican thinktank). Kinda brings into question how objective the results are.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
DCE,

This pollster has a decent reputation for accuracy. www.zogby.com

• Bush Job Performance Slips to 53% Positive, 46% Negative; More Voters (47%) Say It's Time for Someone New Than Say He Deserves Re-election; Two-in-Three Say it Makes No Difference if WMDs Are Never Found, According to Newest Zogby America Poll... [ read on ] (7/18/03)

·
Registered
224 Posts
DCEMotorsports : I agree that the polls reported in the mainstream media show a favorable reading on Dubya (although falling).  I just wonder who finances these polls?  Alot of the favorable polls I read and hear about are paid for by the American Enterprise Institute (a Republican thinktank).  Kinda brings into question how objective the results are.
I make my decisions and come to my conclusions regardless of polls. But that's just me.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
There is a reason that none of the 9 intellectual dwarves are talking about it anymore. The only reason any of them said anything to begin with was political. They saw it as a chance to attack Bush's credibility and it only worked for a small minority. Same with El Diablo daschle. Talking about not credible.
In 1998, the hilbilly used these EXACT SAME reasons to lob a few hundred cruise missiles at Iraq. ALL of the dems, including daschle and the 9 dwarves were behind him, stating that the evidence was 100% credible.
Fall of 2002, they all agreed again about the EXACT SAME EVIDENCE but chose to forget it recently.
Just a couple weeks ago, the hilbilly (of all people) defended the Bush administration and stated that it was known fact by multiple countries that these programs and substances existed the day he left office. The same things Bush said, the same quantities Powell noted at the U.N. (he was just using U.N. intel and figures anyway).
I guess Hussein decided that since klinton left and there were no more weapons inspectors in his country, he'd just destroy all the weapons he had amassed and kill all the programs.
Notice which dem is conspicuously missing from the attacks? Hitlary. It's all for political reasons, of course, but she's not saying a word - because she doesn't want it coming back to bite her in the @ss.
Now, of course some of the intel will be less than completely accurate. It always has been and always will be - espescially when the agency goes through a massive gutting of field personnel like what happened in the mid nineties. But I guess that's all Bush's fault, too?
Now, why have they shut up after all the attacks, and are actually backtracking? Because of what has been reported by the unbiased media. There will be a report - some say Sept., some say Dec. - that will detail the bio weapons program that has already been uncovered. They've been concentrating on the bio stuff for now, and will delve into the nuclear stuff next.
It's all for political gain, just like the reason for the Bush admin's holding back the facts until now. Yes, the Bush admin is going to use it for political gain also. It's all a bunch of stupid politico crap. That holds true for both parties at all levels.
Everyone knows everyone's opinion here, so why continue to fish and post BS here? Nothing's going to change. Anything posted is just a pointless fishing expedition. Just wait for the report to come out, then you can make up a new excuse to be against the war.
That's what the rest of the dem party is doing.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Baketech : Quote (SoCalRider @ Aug. 12 2003, 10:56am)Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore.
Thats because the majority of American citizens don't agree with that POV......and the majority still agrees with the Iraq policy.....the polls continue to show it.....
What he said.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ULEWZ : Quote (Baketech @ Aug. 12 2003, 12:58pm)Quote (SoCalRider @ Aug. 12 2003, 10:56am)Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore.
What he said.
If nobody cares -- and the polls support the deed (i.e. WAR) -- that makes it Okay?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good points bda. I agree with most of them. Just because Klinton and his congress did similar things as Dubya and his congress - doesn't make it any better or even acceptable.

My biggest beef is the lack of accountability and honesty presented by the US government. I guess if everyone in the polls and all that follow them are willing to just stand by agree with the status quo - we get what we deserve. Were is the moral high ground in deception?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
DCEMotorsports : Good points bda.  I agree with most of them.  Just because Klinton and his congress did similar things as Dubya and his congress - doesn't make it any better or even acceptable.  

My biggest beef is the lack of accountability and honesty presented by the US government.  I guess if everyone in the polls and all that follow them are willing to just stand by agree with the status quo - we get what we deserve.  Were is the moral high ground in deception?
I wish it were really easy to change.
The base problem really exists in the fact that we have become a two party system. It creates way too much political bantering back and forth all in the name of control.
Everything gets politicized and covered up all in the name of 'the party' so 'the party' can have all the control.
How do we stop it? I'm not really sure.
It would be nice, however, to get rid of most of the Federal level government and return to the outline our Constitution gave us. Give the power back to the States and give us back our personal liberty and responsibility.
Yeah, right. That won't happen until we have our next Revolution.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's a pretty damning report DCE, if one that confirms more or less what was clear from the start - that the Administration had decided long before the war that it was going into Iraq. The driver of the carry on described in the report was fairly clearly the need to justify what had long been decided.
I'm very pleased to see that at least some of the US media is going after the issues. I just hope the US public can keep the issue in focus for long enough to do the right thing next year.
The questions the report raises about the standing and capability of the various interlligence services, and their relationship with the Administration are not exactly re-assuring either.
Blair as you'll be aware is taking serious water on the issue in England and going down in the polls like a lead balloon. He was already under serious pressure on the missing WMD, but it really hotted up some weeks ago - after he was forced to launch an independent judicial enquiry into the circumstances surrounding the apparent suicide of a top Ministry of Defence official which may very well blow the whole affair wide open.
The official it's claimed killed himself after he was leaned on on Government orders after he leaked a story to the BBC about Ministry concerns about Government's hyping of the WMD evidence used to justify the war.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love the last quote of the article:

Quote 'Go massive,' the notes quote him as saying. 'Sweep it all up. Things related and not.'

Thanks Rumsfield, you've made your resting place in history.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts