Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Filled up the tank and drove off. 5 minutes later my bike cut out and would not start up again.
i have checked the fuses and non are blown. New battery installed. The cluster lights up but no headlights . And the Rear lights up but with the flickers frozen. Any ideas what i could check next....please, any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
i wish i had something to offer in way of help.. hang tight n im sure some guys will offer some ideas.

does the bike turn over?

what year n model is the bike?

is the fuel pump priming?

·
Registered
271 Posts
It *might* be an 08-11 Euro/World model, judging by the speedo cluster and the inclusion of the HISS system...

Anyways, I would doublecheck a few things: turn signal/flasher wiring (any recent mods done there? look for "grounded out" wires), the emergency killswitch position (and switch housing), loose battery terminals and the fusebox as well (20amp "headlight start" fuse and the fuel pump relay).

G'luck & let us know what the culprit was ! :)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hi.
Filled up the tank and drove off. 5 minutes later my bike cut out and would not start up again.
i have checked the fuses and non are blown. New battery installed. The cluster lights up but no headlights . And the Rear lights up but with the flickers frozen. Any ideas what i could check next....please, any help.
Hi,when you turn ignition on does pump prime, I know you said you have a new battery but was it fully charged before it was put on the bike, with a multi meter find what volts you have when you turn the ignition on, and maybe give the battery a good charge:wink

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the suggestions thus far. My bike is an 11 Euro model. it does turn over just no start. An i cannot hear the fuel priming either. I'll work my way through the wiring to check for a short.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts