Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I hope someone can help. 06 1000RR, I just installed an Akrapovic Evo full system and a PCIII usb commander. The power commander has power and seems to be working, but bike wont fire, turns over normal, except that when I hit the run switch I dont hear the fuel pump anymore, goin back to check wires thought I would see if anyone knows. ... Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
the fuel pump should prime first ,then you should be hitting the run switch.The pump should prime right when you turn the key on.You must have crossed a wire or something, double check ALL the fuses,on my bike there are a few that are not located with he rest of the others if i remember correctly.Look around and check under any rubber booty's or caps that you see .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya mine primes once you turn it to the run position, but, now i unhooked the powercommander and she primed and fired, ohhhhhhhh man does that exhaust sound sweet.. So whats the deal with the commander??? All wires were locked in place..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ya mine primes once you turn it to the run position, but, now i unhooked the powercommander and she primed and fired, ohhhhhhhh man does that exhaust sound sweet.. So whats the deal with the commander??? All wires were locked in place..
Disconnect the powercommander (no need to remove just disconnect) and reconnect the original connectors. Now check if the fault is still there.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay found the problem, called dynojet, apparently honda hid the TPS connector very well, and disguised another connector to look like it in the instructions dynojet supplied. ( or im just a moron, which is more than likely the problem) Soo, I will re hook it up to the RIGHT one and give it a try... Thanks to all for your help, more stupid questions coming im sure lol..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a 2004 CBR10000RR that was running quite normally until I removed the headlight, speedo and fairing assembly to do a repair to the steering head frame (disguised crash damage from a previous owner).
The 'nose cone' assy had to be off the bike for quite a while and at some point during this time I thought I would see if I could run the bike to keep the battery topped up etc, not really expecting it to start as the plugs to the speedo etc were not connected therefore the circuit was not complete.
As expected it didn't start, but I'm worried that I may have upset the engine management system, as when I reassembled the nose cone and turned the ignition on, straight away the 'overheat' light and cooling fan came on. She was reluctant to start but finally did for a while on what seemed like only 3 cyls before finally stalling. Although everything appears good and she turns over ok, I haven't been able to get her to start, but the overheat light and fan no longer come on with the ignition.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts