Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 94 900rr and i can not get it to start. the carbs that were on it were really bad when i got it so i bought new ones on ebay and they were clean. i resealed the tank since it was varnished with bad old gas. i put the new carbs on it and it will just crank crank. the plugs get a little wet and it wont even pop. it started but very poorly ran of the old carbs but not of the new clean ones. is it possible that the carbs are sooo out of sync that it wont start.. im stuck spark fuel compression... i have it all but it just wont start

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ive got a 94 900rr and i can not get it to start. the carbs that were on it were really bad when i got it so i bought new ones on ebay and they were clean. i resealed the tank since it was varnished with bad old gas. i put the new carbs on it and it will just crank crank. the plugs get a little wet and it wont even pop. it started but very poorly ran of the old carbs but not of the new clean ones. is it possible that the carbs are sooo out of sync that it wont start.. im stuck spark fuel compression... i have it all but it just wont start
If you spray starter fluid into the intakes does it fire then?
I doubt synchronisation will stop it from starting unless they've been severely messed with. Are they also off a '94 model?
When you opened them up to ensure they were clean did you check all the jets are intact and the float valves aren't stuck?
Is fuel flowing out of the tank okay when you suck on the vacuum line?
Plugs are new and compression is okay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no starting fluid dosnt even make it pop. jets are there and the needles are working perfectly. not sticking. i dont know if the carbs are off the 94 model. and there isnt a vacum line off the petcock on the tank. it flows freely could i have just that weak of a spark cause the plugs are slightly wet. if a cut of switch, like the kickstand for instance, is engaged does it prevent spark to keep it from starting or will it just not turn over..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
no starting fluid dosnt even make it pop. jets are there and the needles are working perfectly. not sticking. i dont know if the carbs are off the 94 model. and there isnt a vacum line off the petcock on the tank. it flows freely could i have just that weak of a spark cause the plugs are slightly wet. if a cut of switch, like the kickstand for instance, is engaged does it prevent spark to keep it from starting or will it just not turn over..
If starting fluid doesn't fire it then you have to figure there's no spark.
Have you got a good plug that you can use to check for spark?
When you say "needles" you mean the float valves?
You don't need the needle jets or slides to start the bike.
I'd have to check the wiring diagram to now how the various kill switches affect it and I don't have one for '94 sorry.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a hunch but, when you checked the needles, is there a clip on both sides. I've seen guys put only one c clip on and it won't fire...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts