Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Changed the can on my bike and did a recharge on the K&N, Bike Started first time a few times rev'd and was great! Then it would'nt start, was on the paddock stand and there was'nt that much fuel in the reserve so guessed it needed some fuel...

went to the station got more fuel topped the tank up...now she wont start!! She's back fired a couple of times with flames that could cook a sausage.. but thats all, pulled number 1 plug out and it was wet so im sure she's getting fuel,all so run her with no1 and it was sparking! took the pipes of the tank loads now and each time the main fuel line has had fuel in it??

Anyone got any ideas before i start going through everything till i get to the fault????

Cheers Stu.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers buddy, ive run her dry over and over again and again but nothing, bit strange this one.. its just with datk nights and no power to talk off in the garage its a ball ache to get on with it!!

pS. Had to service the missus,, her car i mean??? :rotfl:

Cheers mate!

Stu.

·
Registered
342 Posts
just because a plug is sparking outside the case doesnt mean it will inside the head with an airfuel mix. you have to remember, the conditions inside the Combustion chamber are far different then those in open air. the fuel/air mix can inhibit the spark to a certain degree. couple that with excessive gap or some carbon fouling, or even reduced voltage from a tired battery and you would be amazed with how quick you can killl spark..

if i were in your position i would remove the vac line from the tank then crank the engine over for a few seconds to help clear any flooding. hook your fuel back up and hit it with some ether and give it a shot. if it doesnt fire up or backfire or anything then your plugs could just be too far gone... replace and try to fire it on ether.. make sure you have a car charger on your battery as your doing this to guarantee enough voltage for a nice strong spark

i honestly doubt the new exhaust has anything to do with this issue... just coincidental..

·
Registered
554 Posts
These things are notorious for fouling plugs. When they foul, it's VERY hard to get them to where they will fire again (even though you have spark when cranking over). Save yourself some time and trouble and go get another set.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I 2nd the ether awhile back a buddy told me even if the plug sparks it still can be bad was kicking the bike over and over (cr250) cursing wtf plug sparked on engine case replaced plug to new got it on first kick i always thought if it sparked its good guess not just my 2cents

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys,

Going to try taking the vac pipe of like you said.. im also going to strip the Petcock valve see if owt up in there?? Just strang sge's never missed a beat, run out of fuel topped her up and now she wont start!???

Cheers guys!!! Your all brill!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Charles,, good name same as my dads:)

Ive just re-cleaned the filter going to let it soak for a day...you could be bang on! I reckon you will be.. got the plugs out and they are fouled and wont even spark unless you put against the other.

I will let you know how i get on with that.

Cheers buddy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.