Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First what I am doing:
I am trying to make a stand that will have a Pit Bull wheel chock mounted on it and ties onto e track. I have a 1"x12" of Red Oak that will be cut to 14" long, I will route the front with a rounded edge (to reduce chipping from driving the tire up). Underneath running lengthwise on both edges will be 1x2's of Red Oak also. On the ends I plan on mounting a metal tongue that has a etrack fitting welded on it. The tongue will stick out about 1" and run on the bottom of the 1x12. I am figure 2-3" inches will be mounted to the board with drilled holes that go through the board. Also I think I will be routing out a notch for it to set in (look better and get proper height)

Now the questions:
1) This should be strong enough to hold the front wheel of the RR or RC?
2) On the tongue mount would it be better to put the bolts in a triangle pattern or inline for strength and to avoid splitting?
3) Do I need more metal to wood mounting for strength?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and I plan on putting it up on the site to share with others if this works
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
can you at least draw a pic and take a pic of it and post it. it's a little hard to get at what you're doing, exactly.... :thumb:

(actually....i'm asking, so i can take your design, sell it and make meeeee-llions! MWWWAAAAAAAA HHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rigor said:
can you at least draw a pic and take a pic of it and post it. it's a little hard to get at what you're doing, exactly.... :thumb:

(actually....i'm asking, so i can take your design, sell it and make meeeee-llions! MWWWAAAAAAAA HHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!) :D
I plan on taking lots of photos and posting directions on the org if things go as expected so no theft necessary :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Please, save yourself a lot of time and go to the website of Performance Trailers Once there, click on "motorcycle", then when that page displays, click on motorcyclewheelchocks.com Then, on the left side of the page, click on motorcycle chock. On that page, you'll see a thing called a mounting bracket for $20. Call the place and ask for Glen or Wayne and they'll ship you one, two, or however many you want. Your PitBull chock will screw onto this mounting plate, which then clips into horizontally mounted e-track. Glen patented this mounting plate and it works wonderfully. We have three long pieces of e-track mounted vertically in the trailer (running from front to back), one on each side, and one down the middle. Then we have 2 shorter pieces mounted horizontally (running side to side, perpendicular to the other track, in between it). These are the pieces the wheel chock mounting plate clips into.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HondaGalToo said:
Please, save yourself a lot of time and go to the website of Performance Trailers Once there, click on "motorcycle", then when that page displays, click on motorcyclewheelchocks.com Then, on the left side of the page, click on motorcycle chock. On that page, you'll see a thing called a mounting bracket for $20. Call the place and ask for Glen or Wayne and they'll ship you one, two, or however many you want. Your PitBull chock will screw onto this mounting plate, which then clips into horizontally mounted e-track. Glen patented this mounting plate and it works wonderfully. We have three long pieces of e-track mounted vertically in the trailer (running from front to back), one on each side, and one down the middle. Then we have 2 shorter pieces mounted horizontally (running side to side, perpendicular to the other track, in between it). These are the pieces the wheel chock mounting plate clips into.
I want it to mount vertical and contacted the site you list. He indicated he made them that way also but was headed to a trade show and would be in touch. I never heard back from them and tried again to contact them with no success. Not sure the disconect but I would rather make my own than beg someone to take my money
:idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
sheepofblue said:
I want it to mount vertical and contacted the site you list. He indicated he made them that way also but was headed to a trade show and would be in touch. I never heard back from them and tried again to contact them with no success. Not sure the disconect but I would rather make my own than beg someone to take my money
:idunno:

Haha, you do have to badger them, I've been dealing with them for years. Good guys, though. He does make a vertical one, too. If you want to get these, just keep calling them. I know it's a pain, but that just seems to be the way they are. Otherwise, if you'd rather make you own, go for it. I personally would not want to take my time to do it, when there is already a product available, but that's just me. :D With large washers, it'll probably hold fine.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top