Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheelie city/Endo zone here I come! My po' ride has been due for a new chain for so long I decided to fix it up propa, yo! I picked up the sumofallparts kit on ebay and can't wait for it to come in. I'm tired of dealing with such tall gearing so I figure the 15/50 combo will be the shiznit. :thumb:

Kidding! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I really just went with the 16/45. I'm not a stunna. :p

Bike is at 18K and the stock chain has had it. I've gone through all the old posts and the 16/45 sounds right for my needs. Can't wait to get this mod done. :D

Cheers!
Dan - fish hook pliers at the ready

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's what I put on mine last fall right before putting her up for the winter. I had a 15 frt. for the stock chain but found it too 'buzzy' for the street. The 45 rear is great! I've got a 15 frt too, for track days and tried it out briefly on the street. Whoa! It's damn near imposible to not be squidly with that combo! I think you'll like the 45! The only thing is it shortens your wheelbase alot if you stay with the stock(108 links) length chain. I hope I don't run into clearance problems when I switch to Pilot Powers.

·
Registered
748 Posts
slowpoke said:
I hope I don't run into clearance problems when I switch to Pilot Powers.
I don't know man, might be cutting it close. I don't think you can run the +2 rear w/ a stock (new) chain and new tires, but then again :idunno:

Guess you could always start with 109 links and if that's too long trim it down to stock..?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Scratch said:
I don't know man, might be cutting it close. I don't think you can run the +2 rear w/ a stock (new) chain and new tires, but then again :idunno:

Guess you could always start with 109 links and if that's too long trim it down to stock..?
Too late for that now. Guess I'll have to put the 15 frt. on if need be!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts