Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got my rear in bits and I am greasing all the suspension linkages. However when I removed the plates and looked on the inside of them they are quite badly scored. Has anyone ever seen this before and what is causing it?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Missing pivot collar id bet. Its a sleeve for rear shock lower mount between triangles ..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both collars are there. I am wondering if this is old marking when that has happened in the past?

·
Registered
791 Posts
The dog bone can move freely left/right on its bearing. On mine it picked a direction, and stopped against the plate. After that there is inevitable wear at that face. I really don't see a solution for it except using steel plates, so I just cleaned it and put it back together. You could put the worn face on the outside and start again, but I didn't.

If there's space for it?? Maybe a large washer each side would help, but its going to have to be a strange looking thing, like about an m14 fender/repair washer that's 1mm or less thick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I stripped the rear end of my 97 RRV down yesterday and found exactly this. It has "Never" been taken apart and has no "Collars"/"Washers". Did you get yours sorted out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its how it is designed mate the centre spacer moves side to side. I just cleaned mine regreased and put it back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts