Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's yours?

I saw cabin Fever last night, and thought it was down and out the worst movie all year. It started off OK, but it seemed like "I just graduated form director School" director handed the script of the movie over to a pre school student about 20 minutes into the thing...

Whatever you do - DON'T see this film. to spare you the story - kids go to woods, get infected with skin eating disease, one by one they are infected, and one way or another, they all die. there. no go see something else...

Z...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Of this year or of all time? I've really been disappointed lately. I'm getting pretty good at summing up movies just by their previews/trailers. That's how predictable and bland today's movies are. One movie that comes to mind - Guys at work were raving how "28 Days Later" would scare them and how awesome the movie was. I thought it sucked, and I'm old enough to remember several movies identical (same basic plot) several years ago not to mention actors wearing red contact lenses and walking around like Frankenstein/Zombies doesn't really send chills down my spine. Was it the worst? Maybe not the worst but let me think about it because there was a movie that I rented recently that I actually considered requesting a rental refund for marketing fraud. It was that bad!

One decent (not great, but different with some entertaining plot twists) was Nicholas Cage's Adaptation. Talk about not seeing the normal obvious plot, definitely different from what I envisioned it being.

I watched for 4 hours straight the original 1954 Seven Samurai, for it's time that movie set the standard for a lot of directors and screen writers. That was pretty good.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Anything with Julia Roberts. For whatever reason her trademark laugh and horse grin ruin the movie. Cruel but honest.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I thought Dreamcatcher was pretty terrible and 28 Days Later was ok...but not scary as hell like they said it is.

Haven't been to the movies much this year, but the last few years anything starring Eddie Murphy HAS to be one of the worst films of the year. :toilet:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Same here dude! She drives me nuts. Can anyone say well rehearsed fake laugh? She doesn't do it for me, same with Molly Ringwald (?) remember her? I could never see how some guys thought she was hot - no way.

Edit: Yes, Dreamcatcher was bad, very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
SuperDave said:
One decent (not great, but different with some entertaining plot twists) was Nicholas Cage's Adaptation. Talk about not seeing the normal obvious plot, definitely different from what I envisioned it being.
I found that to be an engaging movie and it was one of only handful that I really enjoyed watching this past year.

Hollywood sucks.. :toilet:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it as well.

Don't you hate it when a movie is kick ass upto a certain point then goes South? I thought one of the greatest beginning of a film was Swordfish with John Travolta and then halfway through - down the toilet!

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Speaking of horror movies, the best one I've seen in a long time is Shadow of the Vampire with John Malkovich. Watch it then watch the original b&w Nosferatu directly afterwards. Cool. :nod:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
The hours. Ashamed to say I saw it....YUCK!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Worst movie... not certain, but the last movie that I couldn't even get halfway through before tearing the DVD out of the player was some recent action comedy, I think. Probably just as well that I can't remember the title.

28 Days was ok, paling in comparison to The Stand.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Was Phonebooth this year??? I am so glad I waited for netflix to see that one.

Holy crap, I had to take the kids to see Cat in the Hat.. I would have gotten better mileage if I had just wiped my ass with the money. Here's a quote from Ty Burr of the Boston Globe, who nailed it right on the head:

At one point in ''The Cat in the Hat,'' the Cat, played by Mike Myers, is mistaken for a pinata by a group of children at a birthday party. One by one, they line up to smack him, and the scene culminates with a husky lad swinging a baseball bat directly into the unfortunate feline's cojones.

That's a remarkably precise metaphor for what this movie does to the memory of Dr. Seuss. If the producers had dug up Ted Geisel's body and hung it from a tree, they couldn't have desecrated the man more.
Yes folks it was horrible.
Fig

·
Registered
548 Posts
Fig said:
Was Phonebooth this year??? I am so glad I waited for netflix to see that one.

Holy crap, I had to take the kids to see Cat in the Hat.. I would have gotten better mileage if I had just wiped my ass with the money. Here's a quote from Ty Burr of the Boston Globe, who nailed it right on the head:

Yes folks it was horrible.
Fig
I heard that. One of my most beloved memories of childhood raped and left to die in a gutter. Everyone involved with that movie should be shot.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
28 days later was "OK" in the you could watch it once if you really had to kinda way. Surprisingly, I'd say one of the movies I enjoyed most this year (and I stress "this year" - 2003) was Pirates Of The Carr. Curse of the blakc pearl.

It was just fun to watch. not a "great" movie or anything, just fun.

I agree with adaptation, that was good. Matchstick men was OK too.

Looking forward to spending more money on the lower budget independant films next year. At least they usually have a plot...

Z...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
i really liked 28 days later. now pirates of the carb., that was HORRIBLE movie. I wouldnt even watch that again. i swear to god, johnny depp, as much as i like that guy, was so queer (as in gay acting) it was dusturbing. the way he talked, the way he moved, everything. never again. :toilet:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
OSIRIS said:
I thought Dreamcatcher was pretty terrible and 28 Days Later was ok...but not scary as hell like they said it is.

Haven't been to the movies much this year, but the last few years anything starring Eddie Murphy HAS to be one of the worst films of the year. :toilet:
:wstupid: Dreamcather damn, got caught off guard with that one. Freeman is usually the money and one of my favorite actors. Worst film to me was that Matrix shit, what a letdown. Other than that shit, I don't get caught watching any buster shit :D Best film I've seen this year is Irreversible, hands down. :nworthy2:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Not that I've seen it (yet), but the way some of you guys spoke i thought Biker boys would have been the worse :idunno:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ratter1 said:
Not that I've seen it (yet), but the way some of you guys spoke i thought Biker boys would have been the worse :idunno:
Biker Boyz is clean sweep of the Oscars material compared to Cabin Fever...

Z...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts