Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,sods law,abso lovely day,bright sky,dry and not freezing cold !Great day for my 1st ride out i thought ! started up the beloved blade,she ran for 2 seconds,coughed spluttered and farted,then wouldnt start,ran battery flat trying,took all plugs out,3 not sparking and the last 1 sparking all over the place and not down the core,so i went and bought 4 new plugs,(after stripping her all down),checkin connections etc,anyway ! put new plugs in and she fired up and run no probs !! whats the chances of all the plugs going at the same time ? Could this be a coil problem ? the plugs that i took out were bought new and put in last june,and i have only been out on it 4 times in the last 8mnths !! could it sitting for that long have knackered the plugs.PS.it fired up and ran the day before with no probs !!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hello mate,

When i got mine last August she sat there pre me doin my test, i was starting her up every other day as you do. Then one morning she cranked and cranked backfire like a mofo and then nothing ! :devil:
A set of new plugs later and she runs like a dream.

And where did you get the sun from ?! send it down this way plz, need to get out sunday, thats if anyone else can be bother to reply to the post....

:poke:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have you been starting over the winter & running it for a short time? This causes the plugs to foul up, no damage should really occur to the plugs if its just sat.

Did u manage to get out for a run? Hoping subject to weather (not looking to good) to head up to Knockhill on Sunday and watch a bit of the racing. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys for al your help,you were both spot on and exactly the things i had been doing,sittin all winter and only starting every 2 or 3 wks,tahts what happened with my last set of plugs,when was waitng to get it converted for kliktronic etc,thanks for all the info,and she is running sweet now :thumb: ,as for the sun,soz but it clouded over rond about 4pm,and its very cold now,forecast not good for tomorrow,pissin rain all day,! sunday is showers,if your going to knockhill and want to go alit bit further kinel2,ur more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa

·
Registered
270 Posts
Exblader thanks for the offer but will have to make it another time, the website I've been lookin at for weather says rain/snow showers for Sun am and sunshine in the afternoon. Got snow quite bad last week so just really hoping to get out for a few hours.

Hope your on the mend cheers Phil

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok Phil,no probs,its lashing rain here in perth at the mo,and its forecast to be like this all wk end,hopefully the weather will get better next wk and il get out for a blast,meet up wi u sum other time,have a safe ride :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.