Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help please....
I was pulling into my driveway, which is gravel, and I was going too fast. I knew this, but was too dumb to slow down. Anyways, as soon as I made the turn my front wheel slid and my bike quickly fell to its left side and slid for no more than a foot. I bailed coming up with only a few scrapes, but now my bike won't start. I picked it up off the ground and there were a bunch of rocks inside my left fairing. I took it off and brushed em all out while looking for some cut wires. My bike acts as if the battery's not connected, the time doesn't show. I turn the key, nothing. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but no luck. Last I checked, rocks weren't conductive, so they couldn't be shorting anything out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a thought, you might want to check you fuse box. If not that, check the conection to your starter. If it's not doing anything then there is a short somewhere. There are only a couple places the for the power to go, so it shouldn't be that hard to find. Make sure negitive and positive off of battery are a tight connection. You also could check your ground wire. Follow negitive from battery to where it's grounded. Most of the time it's grounded through the motor, but bikes could be different. One of those things I've listed should get you rolling again.
Good luck.:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I just found it was a fuse that I could only see when I un-hooked a relay, so it was kinda hidden.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No prob, I'm glad to hear it was a easy fix. I have found that just using basic common sence, you can normally fix just about anything. If trying basic checks dont work, take the time to look at everything that the problem has to do with, then work from there. I bought a couple jetskis at the beginning of the year, turned out that they weren't what the guy said they were. I had no idea how to work on them, never messed with jetskis before, but it all worked out for me. Of course lots of hours of trying this and that, and thinking how everything works. I was able to get them running tip top shape. :patriot:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts