Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I will first say this race weekend was a lot better than last    I didn't go to Saturday practice so I was going to try to make the best of Sunday morning practice, and follow the fast 125 riders (Kevin Murray & David Vecht) just to look at their race lines. It helped me through T8 & T9 to get on the gas, and not back off that's one of the fastest parts of the track.  The raising of the rear ride height has made a vast improvement over last weekend events.  The race schedule reads 0-500cc novice race 18 the last race of the day great.  After the racer meeting I go over to the office where the grids are posted I'm gridded 12th out of 12 racers cool my starts suck anyway sill gotta work on them.  I go get some new rubber, start cleaning the bike, drink a lot of water, eat lunch, and just chill out.  

My race teammate race is 15th so I go up to the Bud tower to film him.  He gets a good start 7th out of 26 racers during the race he starts to fade? He is on a Gixxer 1000 so no lack of power, the tires? no its the Attack rear set peg coming loose, and fell off before turn #3 with one lap to go 'O' well that's the end of his race.

We pack up his stuff, and I get ready my race.  The wife is getting real good at starting the generator, and making sure the tire warmers are on:thumb: I get the second call for my race get the warmers off fire up the bike, and head out for the warm up lap.  I try a practice start in the hot pit before getting on the track the clutch does not fill right OK I'm the last one to take the grid.  The race starts and I'm still sitting at the start finish line the clutch is not catching but I get the bike moving the rest of the racers are in turn 2.  This is going to be fun.  By T9 I have already past one rider (I'M NOT LAST) at the end of the straight I'm making my move to pass another rider I didn't get pass till turn 2 & by turn 4 I had passed two more racers (YES). One rider went down in turn 3 bring out a waving yellow flag so I had to wait to past.  That was the end of passing for me I could see parts of the lead pack but could not catch them. I went the fastest I've ever gone on that track my times dropped from the last time out a few months ago from a 1:44 to a 1:38 so I still have a lot to improve, but I felt so good to go that fast. I finished 7th out of 12 not bad, not good, but a lot of fun. I can't wait for my next race gotta get a new clutch.            

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
G-Force Junkie : ...no blown up parts= good weekend!
I guess clutches don't count on 'mini bikes'?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts