1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What good is a title without the frame it applies to?
if your a welder/fabricator like myself u can easily restamp a new vin number on a good frame which i already have, sometimes people that total their bikes just part em out, and have no need for there titles anymore

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
if your a welder/fabricator like myself u can easily restamp a new vin number on a good frame which i already have, sometimes people that total their bikes just part em out, and have no need for there titles anymore

And this is legal?
If you have a good frame already why not title it yourself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And this is legal?
If you have a good frame already why not title it yourself?

divorce settlement and insurance never come to pick it up, so im left with a bike that i cant title and they wont settle with me, and im sure its not %100 legal but if there is a titled frame out there thats un-usable now i would pay to have its legit title :D

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Sounds like someone wants to rebirth a stolen bike to me. I hate bike thieves.

Sounds like it.
The "insurance never came to pick it up" bit does not mean they don't still own it. You can apply to a court to take ownership of it as abandoned property I guess?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive actually been in contact with them, but they dont seem to wanna negotiate or even respond back now, i have the vin for the bike if u wanna try and get the title for me, def not stolen but i see why u would think that

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ive actually been in contact with them, but they dont seem to wanna negotiate or even respond back now, i have the vin for the bike if u wanna try and get the title for me, def not stolen but i see why u would think that

If somebody else owns it and you're trying to keep it then it is stolen.
I would write to them explaining that if they don't take it away then you will have to apply for ownership of it as an abandoned vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would write to them explaining that if they don't take it away then you will have to apply for ownership of it as an abandoned vehicle.
Spot on. Whether you found it, stole it, or are trying to recover money because it was abandoned in your shop, what you are doing by shoving numbers xyz on a bike they don't belong to is ILLEGAL. And is exactly what people do who steal cars/bikes.
If the bike's not stolen it's easier for you to just write yourself out a fake reciept from them and go and change the rego into your name, then hey presto the bike is yours.
Or do the right thing and ask the cops or a lawyer what your avenues are to be able to take the bike legally in lieu of monies owed.

Sorry, you can say what you like but the fact that this is the avenue you're trying to take makes me think your story is total BS. Normal folks just don't think of that kind of solution first up for the situation you're in.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Blade hits the nail on the head again. He's pretty good at that. a thief of any sort is bad, but As close as I am to my bike, a Bike thief is pure scum.
Sounds like they don't want to respond now because they have spoken to him before and don't care to get involved in the activity we suspect is going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts