Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for two shocks (929 and 954) in good working condition to do some experiments on a VFR800. Stock springs and valving are essential.

Please PM with price shipped to Montreal, Canada, using USPS regular mail (no UPS or FedEx).

Regards,
Bruckner

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you just PM with what you think is a fair price, it's far easier! I can't even find the PM function on my page (this is my second post).. I clicked on both your profiles and only options are to find other threads or posts by you??

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why don't you just PM with what you think is a fair price, it's far easier! I can't even find the PM function on my page (this is my second post).. I clicked on both your profiles and only options are to find other threads or posts by you??
Hmmm, I can't send you a pm either. Are you registered? I can send you an e-mail if you give me an e-mail addy :)

BTW, Do you have a PayPal account?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK! I was worried about my mental health for a moment.. after years and years of participating actively on numerous forums, for the first time I couldn't find the obvious! Yes I am registered but maybe just only to make posts, there could be another category of registered members who have more options..

Yes I do have Paypal (hard to do business nowadays without PP!) and my email is [email protected]

The 929 shock is most important, even though I'm lightweight I think the stiffer 929 springs will be more adequate to my combined weight with the heavy VFR. The 954 shock is purely for experiments, I believe they both have similar outside dimensions so the bracket I will fabricate for the 929 unit *should* work with the 954.

In other words, if my curiosity about the 954 shock is beyond my budget, I will buy only the 929.

Awaiting your emails guys.

Regards,
Bruckner

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, 929 unit is priority. I will buy both 929 and 954 shocks if I can have them from the same person (shipping will be the same whether there is one or two shocks). If I'm not successful, a single 929 shock will do for my purposes.

Regards,
Bruckner

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey Buddy, I have one off of a 01' 929, approx 15 miles on it. If it will work best for you PM me. If you can use an older unit, you should probably save the new shock cost and pick up an older one.
Bob

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had one an ebay for $1 no reserve plus $12 shipping. No one bid on it. I sold pretty much everything else off that bike. The rear shocks don't seem to be very sought after I am ssure you will find hundreds for pennies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had one an ebay for $1 no reserve plus $12 shipping. No one bid on it. I sold pretty much everything else off that bike. The rear shocks don't seem to be very sought after I am ssure you will find hundreds for pennies.
This is not surprising, shocks rarely get damaged in wrecks and it's often one of the first items that get changed for improved performance. This said, the 929 shock is exactly what I need for my project, I don't mind paying a little more for a lightly used one. I actually bought one for a very reasonable price and it looks like new, it would have been silly to try and save 10$ to end up with something that's worn.

Now, if someone has a good 954 shock for sale at 1$ plus 12$ shipping, I'm a buyer! :rotfl:

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is not surprising, shocks rarely get damaged in wrecks and it's often one of the first items that get changed for improved performance. This said, the 929 shock is exactly what I need for my project, I don't mind paying a little more for a lightly used one. I actually bought one for a very reasonable price and it looks like new, it would have been silly to try and save 10$ to end up with something that's worn.

Now, if someone has a good 954 shock for sale at 1$ plus 12$ shipping, I'm a buyer! :rotfl:
I didn't think the 954 shock was much different than the 929.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't think the 954 shock was much different than the 929.
It's not, as far as I can find out the 954 shock is sprung softer than the 929. I know for a fact the 929 has a 15.3kg/mm spring, the standard VFR unit is also a 15.3 (although 929 is a far better shock); the 954 is 14.6 I believe.

I can't tell whether 929 and 954 shocks are the same length, I have a bracket/spacer made for a VFR installation of the 929, hoping the same bracket can be used with a 954 shock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts