Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of aftermarket performance cams.

Let me know what you have and what you're looking to get.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i have a set of cams a erion polished and ported head a 1033 case with 75 mm pistons an more just let me know what you need. I have just about every thing that is racing and oem. [email protected] or 205 447 7094
You can bore the cases 5mm over?
75mm pistons though make it 1024cc by my calculation?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yea you can bore them over. but yea a 75 mm do make a 1024 but pistons dont only decide displacement. its a 1033 i know
You can stroke the crank as well but that has nothing to do with the cases.
You could stroke the crank 9mm and the _standard_ cases would be 1031cc :)
The only combination of bore and stroke that equals 1033cc is if the crank has been stroked 0.5mm in addition to the 75mm pistons?
The _cases_ though aren't 1033cc unless the stroked crank comes with them?
The 1050cc cases you mentioned in the other thread - what size are those pistons?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
they ar 76mm
76mm would make it 1052cc with a stock crank (same bore and stroke as the early GSXR1100).
Is the engine apart?
I'm surprised there's enough room to go 76mm - how much metal is left between the cylinders?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is not much room at all. 76mm is really to big for that motor you can over rev one time or you will crack a sleeve. 75mm is the best i think. do you think that that could be something you could use

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
There is not much room at all. 76mm is really to big for that motor you can over rev one time or you will crack a sleeve. 75mm is the best i think. do you think that that could be something you could use
I wouldn't normally but it sounds pretty cool so I could be interested in using it for something.
Are you selling a complete engine or just the bored cases?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts