Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor blew up today and now I need another one. It needs to be complete and in good cond as in running with no problems when and if it was separated from the bike it came from. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Blew up in what way exactly?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I was just told. I dropped two valves and the pistons came apart inside the motor. I may have bent the rods also. I was also told that I is probably cheaper just to buy a used motor.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
This is what I was just told. I dropped two valves and the pistons came apart inside the motor. I may have bent the rods also. I was also told that I is probably cheaper just to buy a used motor.
That does sound like a mess. It _may_ be rebuildable but it sounds expensive.
If you decide to part it out I might be interested in your damaged cases and crank.
Are you in Birmingham, UK or US?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know man I've been looking on ebay and just spent 4 hours searching google for one. I found one on ebay for about $1300. Time to google local junkyards.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'd be stripping your engine while you're looking.
It always possible it's not as bad as you think :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'd be stripping your engine while you're looking.
It always possible it's not as bad as you think :)
thats a good idea.. i hope its not too bad, he just put some money into that bike getting the wheels done and he just wrecked and had to fix that stuff now this... lets help him out and find some rebuild kits or a motor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.