Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB CBR 929 Chain Slider. Must be in good condition.
This is the rubber piece that mounts to the swing arm. The drive chain rubs on this and protects the swing arm from chain damage.
Looking for price shipped to 19401.
Kenny
516-303-4871

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yea man looked already. Nothin used on there. no need to go brand new

Many years ago I made my own using heavy nylon sheet, but rubber would work as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Many years ago I made my own using heavy nylon sheet, but rubber would work as well.
Sorry to dig this topic, but my chain slider is missing for a while (disassebled the sprocket cover and found some pieces of it in there!!!!), and I want to make this nylon sheet as you did. Can you show me a pic, or teach me how to do it?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sorry to dig this topic, but my chain slider is missing for a while (disassebled the sprocket cover and found some pieces of it in there!!!!), and I want to make this nylon sheet as you did. Can you show me a pic, or teach me how to do it?

Find a sign shop and get some (you'll probably break some while learning how to work with the material) offcuts of 5-8mm Nylon sheet about 600mm long and 50mm wide. Cut the rough shape you need, drill one end and bolt or clamp it to the swingarm, then use a heat gun to bend it around the pivot and drill and bolt or clamp that too. When it cools it should retain the shape, remove it, finish it to shape and size and it's done.

The 929/954 would be a pain as it's difficult to remove the swingarm. I think you'd struggle to get Nylon sheet through there with the swingarm on the bike, so I'd probably use two separate pieces on the top and bottom or use some heavy rubber (like from a conveyor belt).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Seems difficult... I will try the second option, to make two pieces of nylon or heavy rubber. I'll post a pic when it's done. Thanks bladeracer!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Seems difficult... I will try the second option, to make two pieces of nylon or heavy rubber. I'll post a pic when it's done. Thanks bladeracer!

Or buy a new one for US$40 or even less secondhand.
SWINGARM 1

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fixed - bought a Honda NX400 Falcon chain slider ($ 10), and used only the top part, as the chain does not have any contact with the bottom part of the swingarm. Thanks for the tips once again @bladeracer!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts