Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've sorted out the garage this afternoon and when checking my Z parts realised I don't need new piston rings as the ones I have look new, but we did discover that one of the pistons has been damaged at some point.... So I'm in need of a replacement.... Can anyone help at all?

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Loopy - just did a quick check on eBay and came across these...

A (suspected to be complete) engine which has been stripped and is currently in bits- Item Number: 160353685772 (is about 115 miles from you - not too far from Southampton)

A engine which is currently built (complete but has been stood for roughly four years - just shy of 50k miles) - Item Number: 220464405357 (is about 100 or so miles from you - at £120.00 BIN I might be inclined to go for the first one but its up to you.)

This last one is a bit of a wild stab - heres a SR650 which basically looks not far from a field bike... Although its complete (and I doubt you would want it) I'm just wondering if the pistons would be the same? Might make the search easier? Item Number: 180393565986 (Also, have a search for a KZ650 - I think they used the same engines)

....Just been though 14 pages and couldn't find any pistons being sold by themselves.

I did find how ever a person who is stripping their Z650 (bonus - hes only in Witney)... Item Number: 280379755898

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Twin, I did run through Ebay last nigt but missed the one at Whitney :rolleyes: so I've just sent them a message :thumb:

I saw the stripped engine but in all honesty I'm not looking to buy another whole engine (SSB would tell me off for 'cluttering' up the garage with more bike bits:()

Will keep checking on there as pistons do turn up every now and then..

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In all fairness, don't you sometimes "borrow permeantly" some of Loopy's Junk? :rolleyes:
Yer... Thats true :mad: like my Z tail :crying:

Best I start collecting more 'junk' then :thumb: I'm sure I can fill the garage up in no time :D

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Yer... Thats true :mad: like my Z tail :crying:

Best I start collecting more 'junk' then :thumb: I'm sure I can fill the garage up in no time :D
I would like to say on my behalf, SSB I had nothing to do with this. I merely stated a fact :rotfl:

But now Loopy said it, I think you can start knicking more of her parts (well what ever is worth something to you :D)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts