Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hope you need them. They're pretty expensive, and if you dont do track days, probably better off sending your forks to Dan Kyle. If you do need them, and have the money, they are really great. Just dont ever crash.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Even if you do trackdays, Dan's reworked forks are great! Best bang for the buck. But, if you can afford the Ohlins, they're awesome.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A set of properly rebuilt and setup stock forks will be plenty for 99.9% of the riders and even racers. Even the fastest of the fast CCS, etc. racers just use rebuilt forks. If you have to post on a message board where to get Ohlins forks, you don't "need" them.

If you want the bling-bling, just say so. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
280 Posts
CBRGuy said:
A set of properly rebuilt and setup stock forks will be plenty for 99.9% of the riders and even racers. Even the fastest of the fast CCS, etc. racers just use rebuilt forks.
Could this be because the rules don't allow them?

CBRGuy said:
If you have to post on a message board where to get Ohlins forks, you don't "need" them.
Didn't see anywhere he said he didn't know where to get them. Looked like he is looking for a used set, maybe? :idunno:

I say if you can afford 'em, why not buy 'em. Is anybody really going to say that they aren't as good, if not better, than other options? :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Search eBay under Ducati. The 'S' and 'R' bikes came with them stock and I've seen them sold there about around $1000 or so used.

Another option is to get good set of Showa forks (standard models) and have the Ohlin's internals installed but the bling factor is much lower).

Of course is performance is the main goal then just about everyone I've spoken with says that a properly setup forks (by someone like Dan) will get the job done VERY nicely.

Depends on your goals I guess. You could aways wait a few weeks after the CBR1k's hit the street and they start ending up in the scrap yards. Snag a set of those, have them re-worked and I bet you'd be pretty far ahead of the game.

YFMV.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Someone over on Rogue has a set for sale. I don't know if the RC uses the same size tubes as the Blade, and I do know that the brake setup is different.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CanyonCarver said:
Could this be because the rules don't allow them?

Didn't see anywhere he said he didn't know where to get them. Looked like he is looking for a used set, maybe? :idunno:

I say if you can afford 'em, why not buy 'em. Is anybody really going to say that they aren't as good, if not better, than other options? :)

Thats right. Never said anywhere that I needed them, and who even said I wanted them for track use? Im building a streetfighter and its all about the Bling with 'fighters.... Assumptions went rampant here, geez! A used set would be just fine with me. I know where I can find a NEW set... So far Canyon Carver figured it out...how about the rest of you?

·
Registered
925 Posts
BigTimmyRydesFast said:
Thats right. Never said anywhere that I needed them, and who even said I wanted them for track use? Im building a streetfighter and its all about the Bling with 'fighters.... Assumptions went rampant here, geez! A used set would be just fine with me. I know where I can find a NEW set... So far Canyon Carver figured it out...how about the rest of you?
Ill prolly have a set for sale---in a few months---and they do make a NOTICABLE difference at serious speed on the track----but selling them for a streetfighter is a complete waste---just spary paint your stockers gold

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
929Boomer said:
Ill prolly have a set for sale---in a few months---and they do make a NOTICABLE difference at serious speed on the track----but selling them for a streetfighter is a complete waste---just spary paint your stockers gold
Why do you say its a complete waste? Just curious....

And are you for real about "Spray Painting" forks?

·
Registered
304 Posts
If your buying Ohlins for the bling factor, sorry I even replied. Helping idiots waste money on HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS for bling factor is not something I normally do.

After you get your Ohlin forks why dont you spray a bunch of Armor-All on your tires. That would be real blingy YO YO YO, homey, YO YO YO, boiiiiii!!!!!

Thats right. Never said anywhere that I needed them, and who even said I wanted them for track use?
Dude anyone who buys Ohlins, 95% of them ride track at some point. Ohlins is not chrome bling bling, it has a purpose. :pointup:

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Nick, chill out dude. It's his money to do with as he damn-well pleases, i.e., it ain't none of your business. Nothing in his posts warranted an attack like that. If you can't help, just stay out of it.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
:clap:
Does this mean I finally get to hand the "Dickhead" crown to someone else?

:evilaugh:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Damn....this thing is getting heavy... :crap:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pete said:
Nick, chill out dude. It's his money to do with as he damn-well pleases, i.e., it ain't none of your business. Nothing in his posts warranted an attack like that. If you can't help, just stay out of it.
:nono: I didnt attack him. I said I dont normally help idiots. Thats what he is, if hes buying ohlins for a street fighter. But sure its his money, people say I'm an idiot for having 3 sportbikes. Hey, its all about what blows your hair back, but come on Ohlins for bling factor, thats just stupid. I bought a set of Ohlins for my 600RR, because its track only, and I dont ever intend to do wheelies on that bike. Too much money to have it destroyed by a cager or crossed up wheelie resulting in accident.

So Pete, I wasn't trying to be a dick, just trying to get some common sense to bling bling Timmy.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Nick the Quick said:
just trying to get some common sense to bling bling Timmy.
Just try using a little tact next time. He came on here asking a question, worded pretty well, polite, and without a bunch of ghetto-bonics, so he deserved an answer in kind, not the slamming you gave him.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pete said:
Just try using a little tact next time. He came on here asking a question, worded pretty well, polite, and without a bunch of ghetto-bonics, so he deserved an answer in kind, not the slamming you gave him.
I did. Look at the first reply. I got on him when he started talking Ohlins for bling. Might as well throw some chrome Dub dueces on the bike. Pete I think you read a little too much into my second reply. Just playing around with the Yo Yo Yo stuff, so why dont you calm down?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Ooooooh....I may get rid of this crown yet... :evilaugh:

1 - 20 of 117 Posts