Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AArrgghh,

So working on my barn find, which it turns out is siezed due to water in #1, managed to free it up so looking at a rebore +0.50, pistons not available, but sourced some NOS, however I cannot find piston rings!

This is all very close to writing the bike off and selling the parts im afraid to say. Dont have the cash to pay over £200 for a set of rings (nearly $300) plus the rebore and rebuild costs, so nearer £500 to sort it.:rant:

Anybody know where I can get some rings, oversize??

Thanks

Steve

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
AArrgghh,

So working on my barn find, which it turns out is siezed due to water in #1, managed to free it up so looking at a rebore +0.50, pistons not available, but sourced some NOS, however I cannot find piston rings!

This is all very close to writing the bike off and selling the parts im afraid to say. Dont have the cash to pay over £200 for a set of rings (nearly $300) plus the rebore and rebuild costs, so nearer £500 to sort it.:rant:

Anybody know where I can get some rings, oversize??

Thanks

Steve

What sort of bike?
Have you contacted the aftermarket piston suppliers to see if they do rings that fit the OEM pistons?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, obvious question!

92 Blade..

who are the aftermarket makers, only Wiseco spring to mind (big bore kits) and Google not giving me much!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sorry, obvious question!

92 Blade..

who are the aftermarket makers, only Wiseco spring to mind (big bore kits) and Google not giving me much!

Thanks

Wiseco, JE, CCP, Carrillo, Cosgrove (I think), and others.
If you're in a pinch you can probably get away with just boring the one cylinder and weight-matching the piston to the other three.
Or resleeve the damaged one and use a standard piston.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,341 Posts
Wiseco, JE, CCP, Carrillo, Cosgrove (I think), and others.
If you're in a pinch you can probably get away with just boring the one cylinder and weight-matching the piston to the other three.
Or resleeve the damaged one and use a standard piston.
I think that might be Cosworth? Just tossin that out there. Not saying Cosgrove doesn't exist, similar though :idunno:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, none of the above do them but you guys (in the USofA) have a lot of supliers that can get NOS original parts, so I'll be ordering some and getting them shipped hopefully!

My pistons turned up though... Ones damaged so I'm also now sourcing a discontinued piston!! Ffs..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts