Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you guys ride solo , but my girl needs/wants to ride with me. Does anyone have that rear seat cowl for passengers ? Nothing on ebay, looked through our rc pics, and no-bodyyy has the cowl on, soo somebody might want to part with it. Ill pay for shipping and give you some $$ if needed for the part. My girl thanks you !!

·
Registered
131 Posts
r u looking for the seat cowl or the seat. if the seat i have 1 i'd let go for 40 bucks me pay ship. spent a week on the bike. like the clean look not the sleeper look.

send a pm or what ever

·
Registered
6 Posts
does anyone have much experience with a BSR on the RC?

a fellow rider of mine says the RC being, of course, built and designed to be a 'rider's bike' probably wouldnt hold up very well with a BSR for lengthy amounts of time. he seems to think the subframe is simply not designed to hold up under that stress.

i am pretty much torn between an RSV Mille or the RC51 for my next purchase, and i suppose i just want to know if anyone has had a pillion rider for any length of time??

(my wife sometimes likes to hop on board and jaunt to a cafe, etc.)

·
Registered
378 Posts
i take my wife on occasions..havent had any problems because of it...but we dont go for long rides as it is just to uncomfortable for her.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
In 2002+ they downsized the rear subframe, and to me (not having seen one in person) that one may not be very good for supporting a passenger. The one on my 2000 model, same as the 2001, seems to be pretty stout. I wouldn't have an issue carrying a passenger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah, i guess that's pretty much my question

ive seen the difference in subframes and was wondering if the 'lighter duty' subframe was safe for pillion riders? or, more importantly, is a pillion rider going to flex or tweak the 'lighter duty' subframe?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts