Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

WTB Unmolested 900 series Rear Fender

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  nigelrb 
#1 ·
Looking for an unmolested rear fender for my 93 900RR......any leads appreciated. Oops, mods you can delete, meant to put this in Wanted.

#2 ·
The MODS have left this site and put it in the hands of US, the users :rotfl:

There really hasn't been a need for one of them, nor have they felt any desire to participate in recent discussions, so I think they've all deleted their accounts :wink

I'm just kidding, but the fact remains they are pretty much a forgotten group here :frown

Good luck with your search!

#6 ·
I remember on one of my bikes, might have been my lovely 929 <sigh :kiss>, that I had to take the rear wheel out sideways/at an angle due to the obstruction caused by the rear of the mudguard (does that sound right?). I cut mine down to the bottom of the std UK numberplate and radiused the sides (with great care) just to reduce the frustration of maintenance. And, it did look 'right' afterwards.

Ooops. There goes my reputation for being a stickler about originality. :grin

#11 ·
I've just checked, and a Std Daytona tail tidy is only £120incTax. May I suggest, Nigel: buy a new replacement tail tidy now (before the profiteers hit eBay wanting £500 in 2030), do all of the mods that you want, and put the original in the loft for the 2nd owner in 2052. I do not want to encourage anyone else to have a loft space full of bike parts, but, I have the feeling that 1/ we are not alone :grin and 2/ it is the righteous thing to do :angel. Just a suggestion. :grin

#10 ·
Okay. You'll be responsible for this, George.

If I sell the bike in 2052 on my 100th birthday, and I lose more than £100 for lack of originality, I'm a comin' after ya'!!:grin

Will post the new look pic later in the week, but in my own thread cos I'm not a hijacker!:eek::wink

#9 ·
Well I'm not in the market for one that is crazy priced that's for sure but figured if I could find one for a reasonable price I would consider it....Not an end of the world deal at this point, but my bike is completely stock with the exception of the full race exhaust and chopped fender so figured it would be nice to have. Thanks for the tips fellas......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.