Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for those of you that dont know I ended up with my '54 after T-boning a deer on the highway last year, well last night I went out for a mellow ride, I was doing a local clover leaf of exit ramps, as I started the 2nd one another deer ran out in front of me, managed to avoid this one luckily, I was so ready to pull over, chase that deer in the woods and kick the snot out of it (I think I could have taken it) time for a riding vaca, freaked me out hardcore :eek: .

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Haha - when I first opened your post and saw your avitar I'm thinking, WTF?! Then I read your story and it all makes perfect sense now :p . BTW, glad to hear that you didn't make "contact" again! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
LOL! Here in VT my dad hit 3 in one year with his car (he drives all the time). I have never, but I have come close.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Too funny! I have never come close to a deer but several times I've rounded a corner to find a few elk in my path and one time a bear......I didn't pull the bike over (didn't think I could take 'em) :eek:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Glad you made it out. Almost had some numbnuttz pull out in front of me in a car today....I wanted to chase him down :rant:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Well John I'm glad you didn't hit that fugger. I'll let ya borrow my 1911, so next time you can go gansta on his ass when you see him again....bwaaahaaa. Just one more reason to move back out here :eyebrows: . A nice little riding break is just what you need I think, so take advantage of it.

Dano

·
Registered
554 Posts
MrX954 said:
Well for those of you that dont know I ended up with my '54 after T-boning a deer on the highway last year, .
Deer are a constant "threat" here in Northern California (Redding area), they are one of the things that frighten the crap out of me..........no matter how careful you are you can still fall prey to a errant deer. One missed me literally by inches, it ran across the road and I thought it was going to hit me full broadside, the only thing that stopped that happening was the fact that it panicked, and momentarily lost its footing on the asphalt.....which was enough split second timing delay for it to pass behind me missing my rear license plate by inches. I was all braced for the impact and couldn't believe how close it came. :shocked:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I almost hit a bunch up in NorCal too on my bike too. Lake Almanor has tons around it, or course, the riding up there is great so you want to go anyways.

My closest call was a deer that jumped out just in front of me on my mt bike 2 years ago missing by inches hitting me. Stupid animals...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go gangsta...lol, yeah I definately need to make it back out there soon I need to ride Mt Lemmon before I forget how to lean

·
Registered
158 Posts
Somewhere on my computer is the video called "Holy Cows"...a group ride and the rider behind me had a camera rolling where you can see me narrowly escaping certain death at 80 mph admidst a group of 6-8 cattle....the only saving grace was a very decisive and determined straggler who made up his mind to go in ONE direction and not play chicken with me. I could hear his hooves scraping the asphalt as his legs splayed apart and he went down just shy of the shoulder. i think i missed him by about a foot.....I'll see if I can find somewhere to post it...

Glad to hear you missed the damn deer... :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts