Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was riding my bike ('01) 929 and the low fuel light comes on at 103 miles! I had the power commander reprogrammed so I assume that was what changed it but it seems a little weird going from 130miles till the light comes on to 103. I was riding pretty hard on the twisties the day before but I have done that before and still got 120 miles before the light came on. I mean damn I have a 929 not an RC51!

·
Registered
755 Posts
You guys got me beat,I don't think I have ever gotten anywhere near 100 miles,more like 70.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn that sucks........

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
sounds about right to me. Except, normally I get an extra 2miles (converted from 170km per tank) So I got you beat at 105miles. No PCIII

·
Registered
397 Posts
I went from an R6 to a 929 and I was a bit taken by the fuel consumption of the 929. It seemed like i was refueling every other day. The R6 went just about all week.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
All week?  Mileage figures please  .  Seriously, I'm curious as to what MPG the R6 got.  My F41 would get about 50-51MPG.  You do realize that you are now riding a bike with an engine a tad more than 50% larger displacement?  I went from 50MPG (F4i)  to about 38MPG (954) , but considering the power and grin factor increase, who gives a flying fook?!

Edit: I have attained as high as 42MPG w/the 954.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Its been a while but I think I can remember somewhere between 45 and 50 MPG. I apologize for the vague info.

I have to agree with your power and grin factor. After this bike I cant see (myself) riding a 600 ever again. So I have convinced myself to deal with the MPG ratio.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Repsol_69 : I have to agree with your power and grin factor. After this bike I cant see (myself) riding a 600 ever again. So I have convinced myself to deal with the MPG ratio.
There ya go! It's called 'priorities'

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yea I think mine may be around there somewhere. I ride the bike pretty hard and i know that plays a big role. As does the mods and several other factors.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bacchus : Quote (Repsol_69 @ July 06 2003, 12:53am)I have to agree with your power and grin factor. After this bike I cant see (myself) riding a 600 ever again. So I have convinced myself to deal with the MPG ratio.
There ya go!  It's called 'priorities'    
True, So very True.

Bike, Wife, Mortgage...

Luckily i have no kids. They would be mighty disapointed.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't really care about the extra couple dollars to fill the tank up more often, it's more of a problem when there are no gas stations on the back roads and the damn fuel light comes on. A few weeks ago I was on a ride with a guy with an RC51 and he ran out of gas with only like 110-120 miles on his tank and I don't want that to be me!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bachus said: My F41 would get about 50-51MPG. You do realize that you are now riding a bike with an engine a tad more than 50% larger displacement?

Math is'nt his strongest suit.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Yo! Fusion! Hello, but, what percent larger is 900 than 600? 900 is half again as big as 600, thus 50% larger. Since 929 is a 'tad' larger than 900, voila, a 'tad' more than 50%. It's OK, just fly here to Tucson - we have a good community college that offers remedial math .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts