Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

What brand controller

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wassup everyone?! So I've got one of those aftermarket Pelican wireless controllers for my xbox and since I've moved it just doesn't act right. Worked good before hand but I think it got messed up somehow. I switched back to my factory s type xbox controller and it just seemed to feel better. Plus it just seemed to work better, mainly speaking of the analog sticks. But I like the relocated black and white buttons on the Pelican. So I was curious about what controller some of y'all use. And this is speaking of the old black xbox.

Almost forgot: Does anybody know of a controller that has a more squared opening for the analog sticks? You know how they are circular and sometimes when, like in a first person shooter, you will be walking/running forward and go to sidestep but when you move the analog stick at an angle you sometimes lose speed in one or both movements but will move faster if done seperately. Its like when you move the stick at an angle you don't get the same amount of movement as if you went one direction then the other. I think that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Datel wireless. Had a small issue getting one of the controllers to link with it's connector. Other than that, it's better than the kids tripping over the cords while I'm kicking Rossi's a$$ in MotoGP3.

·
Registered
57 Posts
:plus1: I second liking the 360 controller. Ya know, for those of us cool enough to have one already.:D Seriously though, i favor the logitech cordless controller for the regular xbox. They're pricey though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was waiting for the 360 comments. I'm waiting for the Playstation 3 to come out. Not that I'm buying one of them but just to get good solid facts about each and compare. But I kinda am leaning towards the 360. Anywho, I'll have to check out the Datel. I like the Logitech but it doesn't have the relocated black and whites. To bad Saitek doesn't make any for the XBox. Or Thrustmaster.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
You know, I've just had the best response with the MS Type-S Controller, except I bought my youngest son a smaller one (mini?, can't remember name or manufacturer), even the teenagers tend to use that if I've already grabbed the S.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Thats the nice thing about the 360 controller is the relocated black/white buttons to shoulder buttons...much easier IMO.

Scout ~ Maybe Mad Catz? I have a mini wireless controller made by them that works great

·
Registered
564 Posts
thebackdraft said:
Yeah I was waiting for the 360 comments. I'm waiting for the Playstation 3 to come out. Not that I'm buying one of them but just to get good solid facts about each and compare. But I kinda am leaning towards the 360. Anywho, I'll have to check out the Datel. I like the Logitech but it doesn't have the relocated black and whites. To bad Saitek doesn't make any for the XBox. Or Thrustmaster.
waiting also...have you heard any rumors of the price of it:eek:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
thebackdraft said:
Heck, I am waiting for the PS3 as well but why have one when you can have both.

On a site note, Conq should take a picture of all his consuls after he get the 360. He is going to need a bigger component switch.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I didn't realize the 360 relocated the black and white. It is easier when they are shoulder buttons though. I've seen those mini Mad Catz also. And I've heard all kinds of rumours about the PS3. I guess we'll see at the launch. Both would be the best way to go though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts