Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn---jacked up the rear 15mm, had Dan redo the forks--and I finally devirginized the Balckbird---hopefully the new TSR linkage will help---Conq you be next

Precisely why the XX will never see the track

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ConqSoft : Quote (Trackho @ Aug. 19 2003, 2:23pm)Conq you be next
Nah, I'm not a fatass, remember?  
Damn---what a hater---DorkBrau    

Pickin on us genetically challenged ---Now i gotta go eat a box of twinkies cuz my feelings got hurted---bastid

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep, been there, done that. That's part of the reason I sold the XX for the 929. As I've said before I wish I'd kept it and bought a used 600 for the track. Oh well, hind sight. I only weigh 200 with gear on and I had rear raised 7 or 10mm can't remember any more, and resprung front as well.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Eh, the 929 drags the snot out of its right side as well... I have gone through 2 stock lowers and just around burned a hole completely through the race glass...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
lfg929 : Eh, the 929 drags the snot out of its right side as well... I have gone through 2 stock lowers and just around burned a hole completely through the race glass...
Interesting, I had more problems on the left side...must be related to the track you ride.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
lfg929 : Eh, the 929 drags the snot out of its right side as well... I have gone through 2 stock lowers and just around burned a hole completely through the race glass...
Been there, done that...

·
Registered
433 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (lfg929 @ Aug. 19 2003, 6:14pm)Eh, the 929 drags the snot out of its right side as well... I have gone through 2 stock lowers and just around burned a hole completely through the race glass...
Interesting, I had more problems on the left side...must be related to the track you ride.
I think it has more to do with myself and which way I am more comfortable at turning. I have always been able to go faster and feel more comfortable with right hand turns than left. In fact, I was thinking about my races at Mid-Ohio last month recently and thought it was interesting that the 2 turns I used to pick off people on the brakes was 6 and 11, both of which are right hand turns. Turn 1 is probably a pretty good place to pass as well, but it is a left hand turn and I tend to chicken out just as much as everyone else when it comes to braking late for that turn.

I have also noticed that if it is a tight left hand turn then I can usually go through it just as fast as right handers. But the big, high-speed sweeper left handers tend to spook me more so I have a slower entry speed than comparable right handers.

FYI, all of my lowers look like Red Riders. The race glass actually wore all the way through and left me with a big hole. I have already patched it once and am starting to wear it down again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts