Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope nobody yells at me. Here goes...

What are the major benefits to buying an XX over the Suzuki, other than looks?

Is the Honda a lot more comfortable?

Has anyone compared the two?

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've never ridden an XX but Busa's are very comfy. The Busa doesn't handle anywhere near as good as my 929, but if I had ridden it first I wouldn't own a 929.

Now, I have the best of both worlds, my recently divorced brother keeps his Busa in my garage. I get to choose which bike to ride, and not pay the note or insurance on the Busa.:thumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I know it's alot heavier than my 929, but the suspension is also alot softer. Great for commuting back and forth to work on the superslab.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 929. I was looking at a Busa with 1900 miles on it, but I think I want an XX. I love the 929, but I think the XX is more versatile since it can be a tourer.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
The 'busa is technically a sport tourer. At least that's what one buddy's insurance company classified his :idunno: Personally, I prefer the looks of the 'busa. It's ugly, but it kinda grows on ya

·
Registered
70 Posts
be original ,get the xx ,unless you plan to dragrace .around here ,everyone and his brother owns a busa .that definitly helps with aftermarket and used parts tho .

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you realy want to see them tested head t head get the fast bikes video called MACH 2, carnage from calais to cannes. Its a blast to watch. I love watching the busa slide around the corners. The guys doing the testing are some asshats named (Frosty) Rob Frost, (Shakey) Shane Byrne, Gary Mason and Neil Pidduck.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
1pcbr said:
I'm sure it'll be the fastest, but my dealer says it'll cost around $15000! :eek:

Not thinking it will sell well if it has a price tag like that. not worth the extra bones for something just barely faster than a busa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I wanted a busa...until I sat on one. I don't fit. That is crazy! The thing is a 1300cc bike that won't accomodate a tall rider. The crease (for lack of a better word) on the sides of the tank...they are too low for my knees. My knees rest against them instead of below them. I fit better on a 636 ninja better than on a 1300 busa. Seems crazy to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The XX has the smoothest I4 in the business!!! :plus1:

But if you're looking for the fastest/more powerfull bikes, better get one of them: Busa/ZX12R/K1200S/ZX14R. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts