Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else thrilled by the improvements in the freebie Yahoo mail client just announced this morning? Wonder if this is a preemptive strike against the coming Google Mail...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
it just provides more space for junk mail and allows them to scan your incoming for key words to hit you with more advertising. now if the chick on the right is there every morning when you open it, it may be worth it.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bubba, the mail storage went from 4MB to a whopping 100MB. Now I can send 10MB files on individual e-mail messages as well.

Conq, the change says effective June 15th - I'd would have guessed it was all users.

???

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Chain said:
Bubba, the mail storage went from 4MB to a whopping 100MB. Now I can send 10MB files on individual e-mail messages as well.

Conq, the change says effective June 15th - I'd would have guessed it was all users.

???

but you are paying a price (maybe not monetary) = your privacy

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
why? Your ISP doesn't provide email? I much prefer using outlook.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
firedawgon929 said:
why? Your ISP doesn't provide email? I much prefer using outlook.
I'm with Chain on this one, I know for a fact I wont have my ISP my whole life so every so often I'll have to change my email address and tell everyone my new one...too much of a PITA (some of us dont believe in that "work" crap), I'll have my current yahoo mail for life so no need to worry. Yahoo!! is the only way to go for email :thumb:

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Chain said:
Difference is, it costs you.

Ours is the big FREEBIE. :rasp:
Free ads included....
Free spam included...
Forced to use the web interface instead of a real mail client...

No thanks.

Plus, no free e-mail service e-mail addresses are allowed to be used to sign up here. (Other than members who joined before that change was made.) Too easy for lamers to keep getting new e-mail addresses to sign up additional accounts.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ConqSoft said:
Free ads included....
Free spam included...

No thanks.

Plus, no free e-mail service e-mail addresses are allowed to be used to sign up here. (Other than members who joined before that change was made.) Too easy for lamers to keep getting new e-mail addresses to sign up additional accounts.
I hear what you're saying, but quite frankly I don't get alot of spam with Yahoo. Hotmail, whew, that's another story.

Long story short, I just like keeping the same e-mail address despite ISP changes (we don't all need domain names like folks running websites such as yourself of course) and being able to check my mail from home or office is nice too. They won't let us pull POP3 from work. Something about a firewall or somesuch.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Not thrilled at all, still trying to understand if they are "reading" my mail like the new Google service to tailor ads to me. This whole e-mail bullshit is making me seriously consider setting up my own thing. After a certain amount of time, that is small, you have lost privacy rights to your old e-mail as well.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
indifferent. I do use yahoo a lot, but I don't really need the 100 meg. I'm sure there are so many traps and restrictions that uploading say a pirated piece of software won't be advisable. If that's the case, why do I need another 94 megs of spam?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thats good for me. While I have a personal email address, and like ConG, own a few domains, so no problems there. I do use my yahoo address for anything I have to give out an email address where I figure they are going to sell it to spammers. I don't use it as my main email, but it does serve its purpose.
Fig

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
ConqSoft said:
That's why I own several of my own domains... Then my e-mail address never changes no matter where I go.

Same here, only way to do it!!!! But one domain is enough for me, and I have an arragment with an old employer, give advice and grab a beer with him and he hosts it for free! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Free ads included....
Free spam included...

No thanks.

Plus if you don't use it for a week or two, its goes bye bye, along with any emalil you had or will get in the future!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
MrX954 said:
I'm with Chain on this one, I know for a fact I wont have my ISP my whole life so every so often I'll have to change my email address and tell everyone my new one...too much of a PITA (some of us dont believe in that "work" crap), I'll have my current yahoo mail for life so no need to worry. Yahoo!! is the only way to go for email :thumb:
:idunno: guess it's all just personal preference. I've got about 7 different email adresses including 2 yahoo accouts (sbcglobal). Even if you only have pop3, you can still use outlook or outlook express, if you are getting a lot of spam, you can set filters.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts