Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

561 - 580 of 628 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
I like that bracket. Keep adding and subtracting until you are happy. I have been busy as well and will have more pics to come soon.
Thanks Mike, take you time, you'll be riding her soon enough now :thumb:

I do think that front end needs a number board (similar to your avatar) to break it up.

At the moment it has a face that only a Mother could love! :evilaugh:
:rotfl: It is a bit "unpleasant" without anything to spice it up. But I'm far from tossing on the number 1 plate :D

I agree that even a blank bit of white on the front would be an improvement. Gotta save some stuff for next year ;)

I still have to get the darn thing on the track, the weather really ruined my hopes now for this year. Maybe next month:idunno: :crying:

·
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
Don't put white. White tells other track riders that you are experienced and they may ride aggressive with you.
So you think going white with a huge #1 is a bad idea :idunno: :D

It may be all for not anyway if I can't get to a fu:eek:cking track!:rant:

The next rookie weekend at NYST is during my vacation :mad:

I'll be 6hrs away from NYST, but only 30 minutes from NHMS........that's all well and good, but NYST is $125 and NHMS Penguin School is $300. WTF:(

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
So in an above post I mentioned my "windscreen malfunction". It is an OEM 95-97 screen that came with the awesome bodywork I got from MikeO. Anyway, the screen was scratched to hell with sticker marks and pretty much ugly. So in my infinite wisdom I said to myself "my headlight refurbish kit should take care of the scratches"........well, I hit it with the first pad of 500 grit. Boy did I make more work for myself!:mad:

Half a day in 98 degree humid sunshine trying to sand this thing almost drove me to the proverbial looney bin. The steps and papers/pads/compound in the kit only got me here:

On the verge of heat stroke I gave up and used my "phone a friend" lifeline to call MikeO who had a replacement screen ready to go. Shipping turned out to be no go, so I had to come up with something quick.

I used my polishing knowledge, and even though I had ZERO desire to continue sanding the fu:eek:cking thing I had no choice. 2 more hours, in now 100 degree humid sun, I hit it with 1000 then 2000 grit wet and some plastic polish to get it useable. Not great, but usable.

Just in time to find that my track day was scrapped :crying:

I did ride it for the first time today :eyebrows: Now I really can't wait :hyper::hyper:
Loved what you did to that screen Ian, food for thought definately
:)

·
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
What are you doing here trader?^^^^^^^^^^You dont even have Hondas anymore, get back over the Kawasaki and Yamaha forums! hahaha just kidding . lol
lol Good one Frank, probably no love "over there" on the "other" sites ;)

Any update with this thread? Any track plans for 2017? How about some pictures of the bike to appease my boredom?

Hey Sabo, nothing set in stone for 2017, except that if I don't get at least ONE track day in I'll probably sell Agent 99. No reason to have TWO bikes I never ride.......:crying:

I'm trying to save some coin and am contemplating either LE or Racetech to go through the forks, even though the springs, seals, oil, and bushings are all NEW with less than a mile on them. Would fancy a regal even and even stiffer springs from what I could tell tooling up and down my street.

As far as pics go, I took these 3 weeks ago, I hope this soothes some fall/winter blues lol:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What are you doing here trader?^^^^^^^^^^You dont even have Hondas anymore, get back over the Kawasaki and Yamaha forums! hahaha just kidding . lol

I have a Honda generator, does that count:grin

lol Good one Frank, probably no love "over there" on the "other" sites ;)

Hey Sabo, nothing set in stone for 2017, except that if I don't get at least ONE track day in I'll probably sell Agent 99. No reason to have TWO bikes I never ride.......:crying:

I'm trying to save some coin and am contemplating either LE or Racetech to go through the forks, even though the springs, seals, oil, and bushings are all NEW with less than a mile on them. Would fancy a regal even and even stiffer springs from what I could tell tooling up and down my street.

As far as pics go, I took these 3 weeks ago, I hope this soothes some fall/winter blues lol:
LoL, you're right, there really isn't that much love on the other cites... Something seems to be missing, I just cant put my finger on what though. And please do not say a Honda

In regards to the track bike, the one time you do hit the track, all of this nonsense you're talking about with selling it will all go astray. Riding a bike on the street, you feel like you're in shackles. You do not realize that you're in shackles until they are removed on the track. It's hard to only ride in shackles when you know there's so much more to ride for. remove the shackles Ian, remove the shackles...

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
you'd think Ian is afraid of being put in shackles as little as he rides on the street now! :eek:

Reactions: IanDoohan

·
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
Ian, what are you thinking? "no use having two bikes you never ride" slap yourself right now! I have 4 bikes I hardly ever ride and I'm still looking for a good deal on the next one.
Just pissed I never made it to the track this year. I'll get remotivated in the spring I'm sure. ?

And I might have a winter project coming in next month, so I may be busy posting again... @unslow1

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
561 - 580 of 628 Posts