Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally caved in and picked up a Baxley for the trailer.

As others have noted, it's a well done piece that works well...but the design is a bit long in the tooth and could use a couple of updates.

1. Needs a carry handle or grip...even it were removeable, it would be useful.

2. Needs a better universal set of tabs for mounting.

Great piece of gear, just needs an update or two to keep it current... :twocents:

1.5( :thumb: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Baketech said:
I finally caved in and picked up a Baxley for the trailer.

As others have noted, it's a well done piece that works well...but the design is a bit long in the tooth and could use a couple of updates.

1. Needs a carry handle or grip...even it were removeable, it would be useful.

2. Needs a better universal set of tabs for mounting.

Great piece of gear, just needs an update or two to keep it current... :twocents:

1.5( :thumb: )
Carry it by the part the front tire sets against, I do it all the time.

And send them an email they may love your suggestions (nice folks)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
We use one at the shop on our new turn-table for taking pictures of the bikes. I've used it on at least a couple of dozen different bikes in the last 2 weeks and it has worked flawlessly. Very neat piece of gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,132 Posts
Warning: Do not put your bike in the Baxley and then practice leaning off your bike. It will in fact, fall over. :O

(Don't worry, I caught it - barely :smilebig:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
We use one at the shop on our new turn-table for taking pictures of the bikes. I've used it on at least a couple of dozen different bikes in the last 2 weeks and it has worked flawlessly. Very neat piece of gear.
VR photos?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sheepofblue said:
Carry it by the part the front tire sets against, I do it all the time.
Yeah, it's just unhandy...a foldout handle in that spot would be the schizz... :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,704 Posts
Baketech said:
Yeah, it's just unhandy...a foldout handle in that spot would be the schizz... :thumb:
You could machine a handle that would grip that piece. Or weld it on and have davef powedercoat it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
Baketech said:
Yeah, it's just unhandy...a foldout handle in that spot would be the schizz... :thumb:
Sounds like another business opportunity for you. When you aren't cutting out mirror block off plates, you could be making custom handles and name plates for their Baxley's.


Uhm, and don't forget my consulting fee on that one :deal:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,997 Posts
Baketech said:
1. Needs a carry handle or grip...even it were removeable, it would be useful.

2. Needs a better universal set of tabs for mounting.

Great piece of gear, just needs an update or two to keep it current...
I just bought three Baxleys, one Sport chock and two trailer chocks, and tend to agree with your comments. The only other issue I have is the fact that the trailer chocks don't have quite enough adjustability to get a good squeeze on a CRF100's 2.50-19 front tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought 2 Sports figuring I would keep them in the garage when the trailer wasn't being used. The trailer chock looked handy, but the premium price was a puzzle... :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,997 Posts
Baketech said:
The trailer chock looked handy, but the premium price was a puzzle...
It's adjustable for different sizes of tires.

I have three mounting locations in the trailer. One is in the center for the Sport chock, for trailering the CBR (and I use that chock in the garage as well). The other two locations are for the trailer chocks, for hauling the dirtbikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pete said:
It's adjustable for different sizes of tires.
Doh!...forgot you had a Big Dawg....


I basically did the same thing...3 mounting spots for the Sport in the trailer to fit a 1 or 2-up config...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
seamus said:
You could machine a handle that would grip that piece. Or weld it on and have davef powedercoat it?
There ya go. Mine is the wrinkle black color. I'm pretty sure I have that in stock :eyebrows: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,827 Posts
I got mine the other day... used it to install frame sliders and loved it! I'll be mounting it in the trailer once that comes in...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That silly little lock on the side is about worthless too...it seems to vibrate on even a short trip.... :cool:


On a related note, my new Bax did provide some comic relief this weekend. Hopped in the trailer to slip on the leathers in my normal spot. Tripped over the new Baxley and busted my ass bigtime in the trailer... :rotfl:

My wiseass nephew asked if that was a highside or a lowside... I think he's shaping up just fine... :evilaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,271 Posts
Baketech said:
That silly little lock on the side is about worthless too...it seems to vibrate on even a short trip.... :cool:


On a related note, my new Bax did provide some comic relief this weekend. Hopped in the trailer to slip on the leathers in my normal spot. Tripped over the new Baxley and busted my ass bigtime in the trailer... :rotfl:

My wiseass nephew asked if that was a highside or a lowside... I think he's shaping up just fine... :evilaugh:
First thing I do once the bike and big stuff is out of the trailer is to remove all floor attached hardware. Someone always seems to walk in before they're removed and tell me how dangerous it is to have these things sticking up out of the floor :rotfl: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
abtech said:
First thing I do once the bike and big stuff is out of the trailer is to remove all floor attached hardware. Someone always seems to walk in before they're removed and tell me how dangerous it is to have these things sticking up out of the floor :rotfl: .
That thought passed through my mind in the brief bananosecond before my head hit the plywood... :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
Baketech said:
That thought passed through my mind in the brief bananosecond before my head hit the plywood and my wife was laughing her head off at me. :rotfl:
Fixed it for you.
 
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Top