Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a Yoshi R-77 fitted to my 09 Blade and I have just noticed that they are not road legal.

Does anyone have one fitted to their bike and is it really loud? What is the DB limit, anyone know?

Thank you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that Yoshi came with a removable baffle to make it street legal ??
Nope. Is says that they are designed for track use only and not for road.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any of the new aftermarket exhausts come with that warning. Its a new requirement.
Aha, ta mate. It does look like it has a baffle inserted, I must admit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Aha, ta mate. It does look like it has a baffle inserted, I must admit.
I got full r-77 system, it arrived with the baffle, in a separate bag. never had the baffle in. it is loud, but not too bad. I have had it for almost two months, ride daily to london and never had any trouble. the can had a sticker saying 'not for road use', but it came off very quickly.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It's terrible when the can gets warm and those stickers just "fall" off :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just installed one on my 08 Blade, the baffle came in a separate bag like blackadder said, not much of a baffle, just a little smaller straight through pipe, the sound is maybe a little louder than the stock with the flapper open, one other question, did you have to install a power commander to make the engine run smooth?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just installed one on my 08 Blade, the baffle came in a separate bag like blackadder said, not much of a baffle, just a little smaller straight through pipe, the sound is maybe a little louder than the stock with the flapper open, one other question, did you have to install a power commander to make the engine run smooth?
yes, I got the power commander and bmc road air filter and the bike was set up on the dyno. it ran very lean with the new exhaust.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nope. Is says that they are designed for track use only and not for road.
Hi Gazza,

Just had a R-77 yoshi fitted yesterday to my 09 Blade. It came with a baffle which at the moment is not fitted. Its sounds great and yes, its quite noisy.

I had it fitted by Honda dealer whilst they were repairing some damage, they never mentioned, non-road legal, niether did the rep, or their brochure.

I will look into this, but from what Ive read, they are road legal, most certainly with baffle inserted.:thumb:

·
Registered
420 Posts
a pc3 is not normally needed with a slipon, but if u want the fuelling right and to smooth out the power i would get one, much nicer to ride once the fuelling is sorted out. we have found with most bikes that we have tuned with a slipon and pc3 u usually have to take fuel out not add it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still got my stock can on at the moment but definately want an R-77 at some point.

I would have one fitted by now if it wasn't for my f**king noisy neighbour who has made me fork out £1500 to have our partitian wall soundproofed!

The b1tch! :pissed2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
about noise: I mentioned I got full R-77 system, I guess that should be louder than slip on, now yesterday I went to a track evening, where the requirement was to pass noise test, 101 dB, and I did pass. The bike is definitely noisier than standard one, but it is not too bad.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Still got my stock can on at the moment but definately want an R-77 at some point.

I would have one fitted by now if it wasn't for my f**king noisy neighbour who has made me fork out £1500 to have our partitian wall soundproofed!

The b1tch! :pissed2:
Me too Gaz, still resisting, but only as I have had to pay for the summer holidays and other stuff.

I think I am going to wait though and see what the 2010 bike is like. If I'm tempted I'll just sell/pex as is. If I decide to keep mine for another 2 years and wait for the 2012, I'll definitely put a Yoshi carbon slip-on on the bike. It's the only other thing I would change on her :thumb:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi, and thanks for feedback!

a pc3 is not normally needed with a slipon, but if u want the fuelling right and to smooth out the power i would get one, much nicer to ride once the fuelling is sorted out. we have found with most bikes that we have tuned with a slipon and pc3 u usually have to take fuel out not add it.
I am fairly new rider, but having ridden my blade for 3-4months with standrd exhaust, I think I notice a difference in the power of the bike. Seems sluggish to me from start off. Any comments from anyone???

about noise: I mentioned I got full R-77 system, I guess that should be louder than slip on, now yesterday I went to a track evening, where the requirement was to pass noise test, 101 dB, and I did pass. The bike is definitely noisier than standard one, but it is not too bad.
Was the 101dB with or without baffel in

1 - 19 of 19 Posts