Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new here and just got a 99 mod cbr 900rr
there is a yoshimura RS3 zyclone slipon on the bike but it is werry quiet...
how can i get it to do the "right" sound if you now what i meen...? i want it louder !! :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
just a couple of thought, and don't know if it will work, but....if its riveted at the ends, drill them out. this will give you access to the baffling by removing the ends. one option is to remove the fiberglass packing, another is to make the slip on shorter. my exclaimer would be that it could end up sounding tinny, or could work like you want it. if your dead set on messing with what you've got, give it a try...:idunno:

·
Registered
621 Posts
contact yoshimura. You can buy the race baffling, drill out the rivets and replace the quiet baffles with the race baffling. It cost around $30 or you could pull some of the original baffling out of it and put the endcap back on , start it up and see if its loud enough, if not take more out until its loud enough for your taste.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i did drill out the rivets and removed the "end" cap in the front side of slipon,
then welded on a 20cm long pipe on the endcap so that the exos go tru pipe and past half of all the smal holes that makes it so quiet...
the diameter on my pipe and the beginning of the innside of the can is the same so dont think the smaal thiknes of my pipe shoud slow exos flow down, becouse in the end cap (back) of the yoshi is moore narow than my pipe...
did put in new rivets and now you cant even se that it have been opend:)
not mutch diffeerens on 1000rpm but when i rev it the nice sound come at one's (the animal is alive )
cant wait to drive it now :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Back pressure helps make torque, too much and it will choke the exhaust alittle. but I would guess that changing the amount off back pressure would change the air/fuel mixture. not sure tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts