Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dedicated a solid 14 1/2 seconds to answer this question:

What is your all time favorite movie?

Me: Gladiator - Hands down...Great story.. great action.

Braveheart is up there as well.

Maximus: What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Commodus: The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor. Striking story! But now, the people want to know how the story ends. Only a famous death will do. And what could be more glorious than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena?
Maximus: You would fight me?
Commodus: Why not? Do you think I am afraid?
Maximus: I think you've been afraid all your life.

Maximus: My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Once again there are many.

Gladiator and Braveheart are included along with Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, and countless others. Bruce Willis is the man. Most of his movies are real good.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am gonna give you my top 2

PULP FICTION
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Gotta be Happy Gilmore.

Heck, I don't know - it's too hard to choose just one! I loved Heat, Midnight Run, Shawshank, tons of others.

BTW, Rocket, did you see Master and Commander? Great movie! I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Let's see, Tombstone. "I'm your Huckleberry, say when!"

and Gulf Whore Syndrome. "Oh, oh, yes. Right there! Oh! Ahhh! Yessssssss!"

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Waaay too many to choose from. Even picking one out of each genre would be next to impossible. I could probably name 50 movies that I love, so choosing ONE? Ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
A lot to choose from...

Ferris Beulers Day Off
Empire strikes back
Blade
Gladiator
argh... too many...

Z...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Gladiator is probably in my Top 10-20 films....but my favorite quote from that movie has to be:

If you find yourself alone riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium and you're already dead!!!
--Maximus
I seem to remember someone on this board using a slight variation of this as their sig line....but can't remember who it was.... ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Think mine would have to be Better Off Dead with John Cuzak.

ODOYL RULES.!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT MY TWO DOLLORS.!!!!!!!

:moon: :moon: :moon: Happy Holidays

Tall CJ

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That's mine too Backetech.

Gladiator was good...Saving Private Ryan, Shawshank, Heat, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Full Metal Jacket, Snatch...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I think Private Ryan is a hell of a movie....but don't think I can watch it again for a long time.... :crap:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I just finished a book about Churchill yesterday, so I decided maybe I'd watch it again. I put it in the DVD player but couldn't hit "play", it's an emotional ride of a movie.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
luvtolean said:
I just finished a book about Churchill yesterday, so I decided maybe I'd watch it again. I put it in the DVD player but couldn't hit "play", it's an emotional ride of a movie.

That's weird.....about a year ago I read Brokaw's Greatest Generation while I was in England. Also visited the American Cemetary in Cambridge and the American Airman's Memorial at Duxford. When I got home I had the urge to watch Private Ryan.....probably never watch it again... :crap:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Fight Club? (SPOILER if you haven't seen it) Did I miss something? You found it feasable that Ed Norton's charactor through out all the fight scenes with Brad Pitt was actually beating the crap out of himself? Punching himself in the face, grabbing his own head and smashing it against the car windows, throwing himself into cars and walls, shooting himself in the cheek? After 2 hours of watching this movie and THAT's the ending? Made no sense to me.

I forgot to mention Forest Gump as one of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Baketech said:
I think Private Ryan is a hell of a movie....but don't think I can watch it again for a long time.... :crap:
Shaving Private Ryan was ok...I prefer Black Booty Down though :toilet:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts