Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you're looking to branch out, I'd be interested in a tag bracket for an '03 Suzuki GSXR 1000. It's pretty much the same concept...mudflap comes off and tag bracket bolts up to existing mounting holes. Blinkers mount to tag bracket. I made one on my own, but it looks like someone cut it out of a piece of metal with a hacksaw and painted it with a rattle can (because I cut it out of a piece of metal with a hacksaw and painted it with a rattle can :smilebig: ). I'd buy one for sure....not sure how much other demand you would have though...

But it looks good! :thumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
dont much care for the plate holder and signals.. I always like em integrated in tail light.. but where did you get the clear lense assembly?!

·
Registered
122 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Integrated into the tail light is too dangerous. Way too hard for others to see the signal.

The clear LED tail light is stock on the 954RR and 1000RR. Clear Alternatives makes one for the 929 too. (I have one of theirs on my XX.)
Well sometimes riding a motorcycle is dangerous no matter what you do... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clear alternatives.. wonder if anyone has modified a clear 954 to fit in a 929 tail.. I like those instead of the clear with the black bar across the middle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Integrated into the tail light is too dangerous. Way too hard for others to see the signal.

The clear LED tail light is stock on the 954RR and 1000RR. Clear Alternatives makes one for the 929 too. (I have one of theirs on my XX.)
A buddy of mine has one in his 954, and that thing is bright!! but your right something else needs to be on there if your going to get one. But I just ordered one from Custom Dynamics the other day with the yellow LED's, wish someone would have told me earler.....

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
On the 1000RR we definitely need some stuff fabricated. Someone needs to make a small metal bracket so we can reattach the plastic heel guard to the pillion peg bolt. This is because when you remove the pillion pegs you can reattach the plastic guard without fabbing something.

And we need something better than Larry's fender eliminator deal. If you come up with either item, put me down on the list.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
booth23 said:
Someone needs to make a small metal bracket so we can reattach the plastic heel guard to the pillion peg bolt. This is because when you remove the pillion pegs you can reattach the plastic guard without fabbing something.
It's really easy to make your own... Dunno if it's something that would be worth making up and trying to sell. :idunno:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24191

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cyber, I'd be happy to design something for the Gix, but "donor" bikes are hard to come by. How long from TX to FL? :)

Mac, Thanks

CBRVFR, Does somebody already make mirror extenders for the FB's?
Race plates? :idunno:

jafo/ Looks good,anything for the 929? Not yet. But I do know the rear mud flap does not unbolt like the newer blades. Did you cut yours off?

And we need something better than Larry's fender eliminator deal. If you come up with either item, put me down on the list. I can do this! Just need a frigg'in bike. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
booth23 said:
On the 1000RR we definitely need some stuff fabricated. Someone needs to make a small metal bracket so we can reattach the plastic heel guard to the pillion peg bolt. This is because when you remove the pillion pegs you can reattach the plastic guard without fabbing something.

And we need something better than Larry's fender eliminator deal. If you come up with either item, put me down on the list.

:wstupid:

Larry's is a starting point but NOT the cats a$$.(no offense Larry, I know you have sold a TON of them) It needs T/Signal mounts of some sort.

Some Florida member needs to pay Ted a visit. Pronto. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
POLL

I had a feeling that might be the case.

Larry's kit is for use with rear fender removed.
My question. Should I make a tag kit to use with a trimmed stock fender? (turn signals in stock location)

Or will most of you be removing the fender?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts