Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok with all my racing knowledge i have no idea what i should gap my spark plugs at for the 954.. :huh:
I know the manuel says 32-35 :idunno: But for racing is there any advantage to gapping the plugs wider or smaller for race purposes where i will be in the high revs :idunno:

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The plugs are gapped already, you don't have to touch them. The only thing I'd say is maybe go one cooler on the heat range, so if it takes a CR9EHI-9 standard, put a CR10EHI-9 in it to race with.

·
Registered
161 Posts
crazycuRRie said:
Ok with all my racing knowledge i have no idea what i should gap my spark plugs at for the 954.. :huh:
I know the manuel says 32-35 :idunno: But for racing is there any advantage to gapping the plugs wider or smaller for race purposes where i will be in the high revs :idunno:

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated :thumb:
i wouldnt touch them mate :thumb:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well when i picked them up at the Honda Dealer i had the Mechanic double check the gap. I havnt touched them since then so ill just drop them in and go..

The manuel says to go in from the bottom by dropping the radiator down. :huh: But it looks a whole lot easier to just go in from the top by lifting up the gas tank and pulling off the airbox.. I know its more to remove that way but it still seems easier since i can take off all that stuff with no problems. What do you guys think :thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
On the 929 there was a frame crossmember that would make it awful tight from the top. It lays right across the top of the valve cover. Dont know if the 954 will be the same?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Go in from the top, it's tight in there, but a lot easier than trying to squeeze in over the radiator. Might as well check the air filter while you're at it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Going in from the top was a bitch, though I've never tried from the front. You need exactly the right length socket extensions or it won't fit. I don't remember what length, unfortunately.

·
Registered
705 Posts
brian48130 said:
Going in from the top was a bitch, though I've never tried from the front. You need exactly the right length socket extensions or it won't fit. I don't remember what length, unfortunately.
Didn't you use the spark plug wrench in the tool kit? It's probably the best/easiest way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts