Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
You know if the parent really did his homework, you would think he would at least spell Linux correctly. And since when was Linux synonymous with hacking. :idunno: I take offense to that comment.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I started reading it thinking it was legit, but after a few lines I realized it was just a comedy paper. I don't think it's real. hahah.... Quake... a hacker game.... hahahahahahah

edit: I think my favourite has gotta be if he uses the computer for more than 30 minutes because he's DOSing someone else's computer... where he takes over their command prompt.... hahahahahahaha ok ok... maybe Programming in Perl as a hacker manual.... hahahahahahhahahaha

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
nomad said:
I started reading it thinking it was legit, but after a few lines I realized it was just a comedy paper. I don't think it's real. hahah.... Quake... a hacker game.... hahahahahahah

edit: I think my favourite has gotta be if he uses the computer for more than 30 minutes because he's DOSing someone else's computer... where he takes over their command prompt.... hahahahahahaha ok ok... maybe Programming in Perl as a hacker manual.... hahahahahahhahahaha
:nod:

The last sentence says it all.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
colryn said:
You know if the parent really did his homework, you would think he would at least spell Linux correctly. And since when was Linux synonymous with hacking. :idunno: I take offense to that comment.

Linux IS synonymous with Hacking, thats how it was created, by programmers hacking code together to develop novel solutions to interesting or complex problems. Unfortunately the media has twisted the term 'hacking' to mean 'cracking'; penetrating computer systems for the fun of it.

That's the main thing that shat me about that article (joke or otherwise) and they way the term is used in general. :rant:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts