Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

You've got 15 grand to burn... - ...which '04 bike do you buy?

• Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha R1

• Kawasaki ZX-10R

• Aprilia RSV-R Factory

• Ducati 999

• Suzuki GSX-1000

• Honda RC51

• Other (describe in post)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, unfortunately, I don't have 15 grand to burn, but based on what I've seen so far, and as much as I love my 'blade, I'd probably lean toward an Italian twin or the R-1.

I realize we don't have the specs on several of these yet, or the magazine comparos, but I'm curious what everyone thinks based on what we've seen so far.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
a solid black 1000RR, with the ohlins treatment...

Probably a set of OZ wheels to go with it. Yeah, that will do.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Since you put the RSV Factory in there, I had to go for that. Most of those bikes will be in the 11,000 range, and will probably drop to below 10 in a year. I doubt the Italian bikes will do that. Plus the Aprilia brand kind of draws me a bit. It might be my next bike.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
This would be my next (second) bike if I had the dough:.  Sorry, thread jacking in process not (fully) intended.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bacchus : This would be my next (second) bike if I had the dough:.  Sorry, thread jacking in process not (fully) intended.
Nice bike, threadjacker. Is that the 50 or the 100?

Actually, I regularly drool over the CR's and XR's whenever I visit my local stealer...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (ccwilli3 @ Nov. 17 2003, 11:44pm)a solid black 1000RR, with the ohlins treatment...

Probably a set of OZ wheels to go with it.  Yeah, that will do.
Agreed.
To be totally honest, I'd rather have a 600RR with a RC51 triple clamp on it with R/T forks and shock. Two sets of marchesini forged mags, a full arata and a sato clip on/rearset groupo... Lots of tires and tracktime. To show all those liter bikes the back of a 600 all day...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Trip9 or RSV

Kind of a tossup.

I LOVE the trip9 personally, but the RSV catches my eye almost the same.

·
Registered
692 Posts
U lucky b*******..... If I had 15000 $ it would probably get me a used 929 here. The new CBR1000rr will cost roughly 29400$ here in Norway.

I'm pretty happy with my 01 929 for now, so I really don't mind.

If I had the cash to buy a new 1k bike it would be the CBR for sure!!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Fire929blade : U lucky b*******..... If I had 15000 $ it would probably get me a used 929 here. The new CBR1000rr will cost roughly 29400$ here in Norway.  

I'm pretty happy with my 01 929 for now, so I really don't mind.  

If I had the cash to buy a new 1k bike it would be the CBR for sure!!
Dude, with road slike those in your avatar, I'd buy an NSR150 for $10k, just to make sure I could ride there...

Z...

·
Registered
280 Posts
RSV-R Factory.  It would save me the time & $$ in buying all the Ohlins and installing them.  Just don't care for the blue/purple anodized wheels.  Don't get it at all... they match nothing on the rest of the bike that I can see.  

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Well if I could kepp my 54 and get one of the above mentioned bikes, I would have to go with the RSV-R Factory.  I Really miss twins but also still love the pull and lightness of a big four.  So for me that was an easy choice to be able to have the best of both worlds, twin and a four.  Now since Bacchus had to jump in and do some jacking of the thread, I would really like to pick up a CRF450R as my second bike since that is a little more possible thn a $15k pasta rocket.  Good call Bacchus.

Dano

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
ccwilli3 : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Nov. 18 2003, 12:43am)Quote (ccwilli3 @ Nov. 17 2003, 11:44pm)a solid black 1000RR, with the ohlins treatment...

Probably a set of OZ wheels to go with it.  Yeah, that will do.
Agreed.
To be totally honest, I'd rather have a 600RR with a RC51 triple clamp on it with R/T forks and shock.  Two sets of marchesini forged mags, a full arata and a sato clip on/rearset groupo...  Lots of tires and tracktime.  To show all those liter bikes the back of a 600 all day...
I already have the 600RR, why would I want another one?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts