Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda CBR 600rr that I just bought. It has a new yoyodyne slipper clutch in the bike. I am use to riding a 2010 Honda CBR 1000rr and this bike seems like it has EXTREME engine braking. When I came off the throttle the front end dives and the bike feels like I am on the brakes hard. Is this the clutch or the 600 engine that I am not use to?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a 2003 Honda CBR 600rr that I just bought. It has a new yoyodyne slipper clutch in the bike. I am use to riding a 2010 Honda CBR 1000rr and this bike seems like it has EXTREME engine braking. When I came off the throttle the front end dives and the bike feels like I am on the brakes hard. Is this the clutch or the 600 engine that I am not use to?

Is the Yoyodyne unit adjustable or lockable?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure? I just bought the bike yesterday and it is a "race team's" back-up bike! I will be doing my first track day on it soon and all I know is that the clutch is a "slipper clutch".

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Is this the clutch or the 600 engine that I am not use to?
For the record my girl's 05 600RR has no where near the engine braking that my RR8 has. In fact now that she is riding the 929 that is an issue she is working on. She has great throttle control with acceleration but now she is having to get used to the idea that you can't always just close the throttle all the way with out significantly more drag than her 600.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Just closing the throttle shouldnt cause the clutch to slip. Hard downshifts should really be the only thing to cause it to slip.

I heard that some guys with the R6 were removing a single spring on the unit to get it to slip a bit easier. I would assume just getting lighter springs would be best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts