Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently moved to Yuma, and was just wondering if anyone on the org lived around here? If so is there anywhere here decent to ride? Also, for you guys from Phoenix, how's the track scene there?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Currently in Yuma for another month or 2. Been here bout 2 years now doing projects at the hospital.

I've got an 01 shadow ACE 750. There are a few nice rides. I've been out to Martinez Lake and once you turn by YPG it's about 5-8 miles of rolling hills and a few curves. Riding up that way and then out through Dome Valley is pretty nice as well.

Hit me up if you want to ride sometime. I'm divorced and hav emy boys every other weekend, although with summer break I got them for 6 weeks, but I might have some free time to ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I too am living in "hell", Yuma, AZ!!! Winter riding is definitely better than summer riding. Head out Tuesday nights to the mall. Bike night is then at the coffee house there in front of Chuck E Cheese's. I might have met you before. But I havn't been on the bike in over a year, it is sitting in the garage getting much needed bodywork and modifications done to her.

But once the weather changes in the fall, we usually go up to Palomar Mtn and ride for a day. I am in with AZTrackday's and do those as often as I can. But that is about it for Yuma. Luckily I have a jet boat and a Jeep so I can enjoy the river in the summer and the sand dunes in the winter!!! Heh heh heh...

Laters.

·
Registered
206 Posts
For some of the nicest rides in the state, you'll need to head north to the Prescott and Sedona areas. I currently live in Prescott and the Mogollon (mo-gee-on) Rim has some awesome roads. One of the best is Oak Creek Canyon north of Sedona. For you its gonna be a bit of a trip, but the scenery is fantastic, the roads are twisty and the temps are much lower then the desert.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Head out Tuesday nights to the mall. Bike night is then at the coffee house there in front of Chuck E Cheese's. [/QUOTE said:
Is the Tuesday night meet still going on? I went a couple of times on my previous bike but haven't been in years. I ride to work everyday but it's straight and stupid so I'm always up for a decent ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts