Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been posted and for being newb performance knowledgable! Was wondering if this unit will increase horsepower (or power loss in the high and low RPMs) as a stand alone add-on or if it needs to work alongside a power commander/ECU-fuel management unit. Looking for relative cheap performancefor my 08' 1K RR. Any advice would be helpful!

·
Registered
927 Posts
It is plug and go. YES you will feel the difference. That electric steering damper does great things on this machine, but after you put this in you can get a slight head shake at full throttle starting at 11k. It definitely wakes it up in the top end. The rest of the power band is unaffected.

·
Registered
927 Posts
No, all it does is keeps the ignition from retarding over the 10,000 rpm mark. It's the way the bikes operate everywhere except for in the states. You're merely restoring it to the original spec.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds about right. I know on their website it's recommended that you pair it with the zfi, but I figured it was an attempt to make more money. However, while we're on the subject, has anyone with an 08 done this yet? I'm really curious how much they like the bazzaz. :hmm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts