Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He'll fair about as well as Lorenzo on the Honda :devil
Entirely possible of course. I think the worst-case scenario will be that he'll try too hard (cos his future depends on it) and crash in practice or qualifying. As most know, any crash at Philip Island has the potential to put a rider out for the year.:frown

·
Registered
444 Posts
He'll fair about as well as Lorenzo on the Honda :devil
Sadly, I agree.

It would appear that there is only one person who can ride the RC-V at any track under any conditions. :devil #93

Let's hope JZ does well and releases you-know-who to get back onto a 3rd 2020 M1 with a bit more rear grip & bhp, please. :grin #99

·
Registered
444 Posts
JZ did very well at Sepang, battling for 8th until punted off by a lunge. Good Job!

MM#93 did a great job in the first 1/2/3 laps.

And, the Old Fella didn't do too badly on a slow bike, either.

·
Registered
444 Posts
JZ did very well at Sepang, battling for 8th until punted off by a lunge. Good Job!

MM#93 did a great job in the first 1/2/3 laps.

And, the Old Fella didn't do too badly on a slow bike, either.
When I say slow, I do mean top speed: VR#46 put in the fastest lap of the race ......

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You were spot on, Nigeladamus. A real shame, but he handled it very well.
Yep, no doubt I'm up there in the intelligence stakes:grin.

Agree, very interesting and humbling speech. Similarly with Suzi Perry (UK commentator for our international friends) he was most honest and down-to-earth.

For a rider, it's probably the worst way to end a career. Despite his 5 world titles, he still leaves and will forever 'regret' that last season.:frown

BUT, I do not believe we have seen the last of him!!:smile

·
Registered
444 Posts
BUT, I do not believe we have seen the last of him!!:smile
The press conference seemed to be: "my last race as a MotoGP rider" ...... but, with Suzi, he seemed to be more definitive.

2023 with both #99 and #46 in WSB to revitalise interest in the Series? And, if we really want some fun, Mr #27 in there as well would be a hoot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts