Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I noticed that Zingpows moniker is in itaalics, does this mean he has been banned?....I sent one of the moderators a PM but I believe he must be away for a bit as i haven't received a reply....if he has been banned that is a shame, personality plus describes him although sometimes over the top:leghump:.....please advise out of interest ....thx

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
yes, the italicized screen names are :banned:

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Hello, I noticed that Zingpows moniker is in itaalics, does this mean he has been banned?....I sent one of the moderators a PM but I believe he must be away for a bit as i haven't received a reply....if he has been banned that is a shame, personality plus describes him although sometimes over the top:leghump:.....please advise out of interest ....thx
Sadly yes, Zing has locked horns with a Mod and came out second best. You're right, he was a colourful fellow but alas, could go too far.

Macca.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a permanent ban.....is there anyway to give him another chance..........?...:rant::freebird:

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,655 Posts
Pretty sure he had some "choice" words with a mod, even after being counciled. We shan't see him again.

Agreed though Ox, Zing was a no nonsense, quick wit, who liked to speak of his experiences. One of a few that had a good, eccentric articulation. I enjoyed hearing about how cold the weather was all the time in Michigan, made me feel good that I wasn't the only cold, wet, blustery guy wanting to ride :rotfl:

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Knowing Zing, I doubt he would come back given the chance.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
we can still reminisce of the old days :D

Zing until Alzheimer's kicks in :cheers:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I came to his defence several times when he was becoming cantankerous and then he would level out.....and become affable, there have been more spirited conversations than I can remember with most being worked out without people being banned, too many entertaining people have moved on without being banned and now a forum fave getting axed...kinda stinks:idunno:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Freedom of expression (unfortunately) doesn't apply to privately owned web forums.
Yup, there were a few on here that looked for fights but Zing wasn't one of them although he didn't take any abuse when it came his way..oh well..it's getting close to motorcycle hibernation time for this Canadian anyway......:surrender::surrender:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Seems he was prolific before I joined. Looks like I've got some catch-up to do.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
He was annoying, obnoxious, sexist, chauvinistic, sarcastic, sometime squid, in today's politically correct world he was quite a breath of very entertaining fresh air.....:grin
I'm okay with that as long as he was honest, truthful and not an A-hole. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Freedom of expression (unfortunately) doesn't apply to privately owned web forums.
With all due respect, rules are rules and Zing stepped over the line. He was warned but he took the option to express himself in only the one way Zing knew.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
With all due respect, rules are rules and Zing stepped over the line. He was warned but he took the option to express himself in only the one way Zing knew.
I'm not stating a position, only a fact. I haven't been here long enough to even be familiar with the poster- this thread is the first I've heard of him.

Your choice how you run your site, I'm just a visitor here.

With that said, I've seen it both ways. I've been on sites where the mods are so thin skinned and it got personal, they had the authority so they used it. I've also seen where it was completely appropriate to ban a member. But I've also seen favoritism on forums where some posters can do no wrong, including moderators who have poor ethics.

Like I said. I'm new here and barely know anyone. It's a foregone conclusion as far as I'm concerned. He's gone and that's that.

And in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "And that's all I have to say about that".

·
Registered
752 Posts
I also liked Mr. Michigans quick wit and abrasiveness. He had no filter and that was fantastic but also a means to his end here.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: just turned 9000 miles, time for...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
Keep it civil. If you don't like the opinion of someone else, then just ignore it.

blow me...zb...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ironic that he got sucked in by the most detested member ever on this forum......blunt(1926)......he should of known better.....

·
Registered
560 Posts
He was entertaining and all, but to be honest kind of shitted me with his egocentric crappings on and giving himself nick names and referring to himself in the 1st person and whatnot. 1926 aka blunt was a knob too, but every forum needs a troll. Sad to see them both gone.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Maybe he'll come back with a new name. I liked the old Zinger. We had a couple confrontations early on, but somehow our respect stayed intact. Can't say the same for that 1926 aka blunt bastard.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts